Chapter 1

Ava's pov

I woke up and looked around and wondered where I was. The place is magical with beautiful plants and you can see the galaxy in the sky.
In front of me is a pond and there sits the most beautiful wolf I have ever seen. A white wolf whose fur looks like it sparkles, purple eyes notice me when the wolf turns.

The wolf starts to approach me while transforming into a human. In place of the white wolf, a beautiful woman appears with sparkling silver hair falling halfway down her back. I break eye contact and bow. She is the Moon Goddess.

She chuckles softly "get up Luna Ava. We are practically distant relatives. You can call me Selene."

I smiled at her and we walked to the pond. "I don't mean to be rude Selene, but why are we here?"

She smiled. "I have come to bring news regarding your baby" instinctively my hands went to my stomach and anxiety filled my mind.

"Don't worry so much. Your daughter will grow up to be a kind, wise and strong woman. As I'm sure you know in the history of the werewolves, when the balance is shaken, a new queen arrives to lead. It's been a little over 400 years since the last queen, but now she's needed again" she frowned.

"So.. Are you trying to say that my child is the future queen? What does that mean for her? Does she have to leave us? Will we see her again.." A gentle and soothing touch on my shoulder interrupted my rant.

Selene smiled. "Calm down Ava. Your daughter can live with her parents like any other child. Unfortunately, however, I have to say that she will have hard times and moments of sadness. I want you to always remind her to be kind to others and that in the end, even after the darkest time, there will be light."

Selene turned to look at the sky and sighed
"Your daughter will have the marks of a goddess that indicate she is the future queen. Nowadays many people don't remember these things anymore, but for her safety, I recommend that you don't tell anyone about this except your mate."

I kept quiet. "What do you think of all this Aria?" I asked my wolf.

"I don't like that my pup could be in danger, but we can't do anything about it. We can only do our best and protect her." Aria replied calmly.

"And if anyone dares to hurt my pup, I will make them suffer" she growled at the end.

"I understand and I will do my best to make her the best queen ever" I answered Selene.
She smiled at me and told me it's time for me to go home. "Before you go home, would you tell me what your daughter's name will be?" Selene asked.

I wonder what my little girl will possibly experience and how she will have to be strong and brave. That's when I knew what her name would be.

"Valeria"