Chapter 17

Lucas's pov

I was so angry with Onyx, he not only forcibly took control but also shut me out of his mind!

I know that Valeria was hoping for this, but she is also my mate! I also have the right to clear things up with her.

I don't know how long it's been since I was blocked out, but let's just say I've had time to think about what happened and do some serious introspection.

What was I thinking? Argh! I am so stupid..

Everyone is right, I'm a self-centered idiot. I gave way to jealousy and hurt Valeria really badly.

I need to fix this. I can't lose her or Onyx. But how do I do that? At least I won't get help from her brothers anymore. Maybe Liam will agree to help me.

I was lost in my own thoughts when I felt how Onyx let me into his mind. Finally!

"Onyx! What the hell, what's your-"

"Now let's talk." He said seriously.

"Fine. You can start by telling me why you didn't let me fix things with Valeria!?" I growled at him.

The growl I got in response made mine sound like a puppy just learning to growl. I swallowed and realized that it's better to be quiet now.

"Listen Lucas and you better listen carefully! Because of you, Valeria was ready to reject us. What were you thinking when you insulted her best friend's memory!?" Onyx roared at me.

"But she's mine and that bast-" Onyx bared his teeth in my mind and growled so loudly that my head started to ache.

"The only bastard here is you! Valeria has done nothing wrong and neither has her friend. It's time to change your attitude because right now Valeria doesn't want to have anything to do with you more than she has to! We got another chance thanks to me!" He shouted.

"She doesn't want me?" I asked in a whisper. I felt my chest tighten and my confidence crumble. My mate doesn't want me.
Now that I have found Valeria I am nothing without her. In general, the mate bond is really strong among werewolves. My mood dropped. I'm already in love with her and she doesn't want me.

Onyx sighed deeply and continued more calmly.

"At the moment no. Lucas, she wants to bond with me first and take it slower with you. You hurt her deeply and she is not ready to forgive you." He said and we were silent for a long time, lost in our thoughts.

"You got your chance and you blew it. I got us one more chance and I'm going to prove that she doesn't have to regret it. You have to give her space and time. You can't rush this so take your time thinking about how you can repair the damage you've caused."

Here I am, a big and strong Alpha, all alone. How I wish I was home and could just hug my mother and be comforted. This is all too much.

"You are not alone. You may be the biggest idiot I know, but you are my idiot human. We've had a difficult four years, but we have to stick together to be the kind of mate Valeria deserves. Okay?" Onyx said encouragingly.

"Okay" I answered. How I missed Onyx.

"Alright, sentimentality ends now, we need to talk to others too." Onyx announced.

"Right, let's go!" I was full of new enthusiasm. I'm not going to spoil this again. "Alright and thank you Onyx. I love you man."

"Yeah yeah, I love you too stupid. Let's go already! I want to see my mate."

I'll make this work. Determined, I set out to figure things out with others.

I have to.