Chapter 32

Valeria's pov

It has been two months since Alpha James visited our pack. Things are generally fine. During these two months, I have gotten used to my role as Luna very well and people have been really nice.

I also got news from home that Ethan and Mila are expecting their first child. I'm going to be an aunt! I hope to visit them soon.

Liam and Rosie also said they were expecting and it's so nice when there are lots of babies around us. I am so happy for them. Maybe me and Lucas at some point will be at the point where we could start a family.

Things are good with Lucas and we have also finalized our mating. At last our bond is complete.

But then there's Evelyn. I don't even know where to start with her. In the past two months, she has been even more rude to me and tried to cause disputes.

Then when Lucas comes she turns things upside down and blames everything on me. The worst thing is that often Lucas believes Evelyn even though Liam tries to defend me. This causes small arguments between us because he believes his friend more than me.

I'm not a jealous person, but it does annoy me that Evelyn seems to be hanging around Lucas unnecessarily. Lucas lets her because he says he's trying to make things up between them. Blind idiot.

"We have made new rogue observations and received a new message." One of the warriors said, interrupting my thoughts.

We were in a meeting at the moment because we've started getting threats or actually they're about me, so Lucas is really nervous.

Lucas growled. "What is it about you that attracts rogues?"

"Sorry, what?" I asked, hurt.

"We haven't had problems with rogue wolves before. Of course, they have been seen from time to time, but they have only passed our borders. And according to my information, they have attacked you at least twice before." Evelyn answered the question directed at Lucas.

I growled at her but Lucas cut me off, surprise.

"Unfortunately she is right Valeria. Rogues are after you so you must be protected."

I scoffed and got up. "The pack must be protected, I can handle it."

I marched out of the office with Lucas on my heels.

"Valeria please wait."

When I was at the door of our apartment, I turned to him and asked

"What Lucas, what else do you have to say?"

"Don't be like that Valeria. I just want to keep you safe, if the rogues are after you then I have to protect you by any means necessary." Lucas said, looking at me pleadingly.

"I don't need protection, I can take care of myself. We must think of the pack. I may be their Luna but I am also Alpha."

Lucas let out a frustrated sigh but before he could say anything, none other than Evelyn came up to us.

"Lucas, we have received information about the rogues' hiding place, we have to decide how to act." She said hurriedly.

"If the place is completely secure, then I think we should attack there before they dare to attack here. Wait a minute, I'll be right back, I'll talk to Valeria first.

Lucas guided me to our apartment in a serious expression and I knew one thing for sure,

I'm not going to like this.