Chapter 5

Lucas's pov

I woke up annoyed when someone stroked my arm up and down. I glared at the person who woke me up.

"Good morning baby" the human girl giggled.
Baby? I don't even remember her name. I hope she understands that this was just a one night thing and nothing more.

"Morning" I mumbled back and started looking for my clothes from the hotel floor. Soon I felt small hands on my waist as this still nameless girl tried to hug me from behind.

I turned around and pushed her away and then clarified things.

"Listen, we had fun. You are a nice and pretty girl, but this will not happen again, so don't think that this will develop into something more serious."

I quickly put on my clothes and didn't even stay to discuss this situation any further. It's a waste of time.

I looked for my car in the parking lot and started driving towards the packhouse. I glanced at myself in the rearview mirror and grinned to myself. Even with bed hair I look good.

I know I'm hot. I have light brown hair with light hazel eyes with golden flecks. I have a decent amount of muscles and I'm in great shape.
So what can I say, I like the attention I get from women.

Arriving at the packhouse, I decided to get a drink from the common kitchen before heading to my own apartment. Big mistake.

"Where have you been!? I know you think you're a big bad Alpha but I'm still your mom! You could let me know if you're not home at night." My mom was exaggerating.

I rolled my eyes "Mom don't bother, you're being too dramatic. I can take care of myself"

She growled and started coming towards me until she suddenly stopped and frowned. I looked at her questioningly.

"Are you serious Lucas? You smell like a human girl again! Isn't it time you stopped hooking up with these girls? What about your mate? I didn't raise you like this.." she ranted in disappointment.

I felt a sting in my heart at the thought that my mother is disappointed in me, but I shrugged my shoulders and mumbled "It is what it is" and walked away from the kitchen.

My mom Olivia can be really scary when she gets angry so it's best to run away before that happens. No one in our pack wants to experience Luna's fury.
My father Derek, on the other hand, is the epitome of calmness and balances his mate's temperament.

I love my mother, but my father is the one I should turn to when I'm in trouble.

I also have a little brother Leo who is 16 years old and a little sister Maya who is 13 years old. Fortunately, these little devils take most of my mother's attention and I'm saved from her lectures.

After getting to my room, I went straight to the shower. I do know that my reputation with women is known to many. Nowadays, few people wait for their mate anymore, but my actions got out of hand when I couldn't find my mate at the age of 18.
Many people don't believe it but I have always wanted my mate and to be with my other half who makes me whole.

After becoming an Alpha, I noticed that these meaningless one-night stands eased both the stress of being a leader and the frustration of a missing mate.
Besides, I'm only with humans so it doesn't matter to me.

Well, it happened once with my friend, but it was a mistake because we were drunk. It will never happen again, not with another shewolf. Except with my mate some day.
Argh! All this thinking about my mate makes my head hurt. Thanks mom.

After putting on the clothes, I slap myself on the cheeks a couple of times to get my thoughts together.
I headed to my office where Beta Liam was already waiting for me.

"Hey there Alpha, it's time to show up" he grinned at me.
If he was someone other than my best friend I would be ready to break his neck for disrespect.

"Shut up and tell me the latest reports and this week's meetings" I nudged him as I sat next to him.

He smiled and showed me his tongue. Yep, childish.

"Okay let's start"