Chapter 21

Valeria's pov

I was still angry. How can he be so infuriating!

I thought carefully about what to pack because it doesn't make sense to take everything. I can go shopping when we get there. And our packs aren't so far away that I couldn't come here and get them if I forget something.

I was packing pictures of my loved ones when there was a knock on my door.

"Come on in!" I yelled and continued to select pictures.

"Hey Valeria or do I dare to call you Luna?" Liam snickers as he came in and sat on my bed.

"Very funny. I guess I have to get used to people calling me Luna and start preparing for that role." I smiled at him.

"You're sure to be a great Luna, I know it." Liam assured.

"Thank you. I hope everyone just accepts me as Luna even though I'm wolfless. I couldn't stand any more drama, Lucas has enough of it."

"I heard that you had disagreements again. Lucas has been sulking in his room ever since." He chuckled.

He watched as I packed the pictures and took one picture of me with Nathan.

"I think this is the famous Nathan?" He asked, giving me a gentle smile.

"Yeah." I don't know if I want to talk about Nathan with Liam, he's Lucas's best friend and I don't want him to talk bad about Nathan either. I wouldn't want to ruin our budding friendship because of that.

"You look really happy with him."

I sighed and looked at Liam.

"Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't know if I want to talk about Nathan with you. I want to protect his memory and it's enough for me that Lucas tries to ruin it." I looked sadly at the picture he was holding.

He put the photo in my bag and patted the seat next to him and I sat next to him.

"Valeria, I know that the idea is still strange to you, but you are the Luna of our pack. You are my Luna and I want you to know that I'm by your side. It's my natural instinct to be loyal to my Luna. Of course I'm also loyal to Lucas, but if you ask me not to tell him something I will respect your wish. I promise that." He looked me in the eyes and I could see how serious he was.

"Thank you Liam I appreciate it, you are the best. I'm kind of jealous of Rosie for having a mate like you." I nudged him lightly.

Liam blushed and I burst out laughing causing him to blush even more.

"Okay let's go. Can you help with the bags Beta Liam?" I asked still giggling and Liam showed me his tongue but did as I asked.

When we arrived at the yard, everyone was already waiting. Lucas started to come to me with a worried look on his face and I noticed that Onyx was in control as I asked.

"Valeria my love I want to ask again for a-"

I interrupted him by hugging him. My gesture seemed to confuse him because he looked at me like a lost puppy.

I put my hand on his cheek and smiled.

"It's okay Onyx, calm down. One argument with Lucas won't make me abandon you. If we're being honest, I don't think that was the last confrontation with him. And thank you for being with me now" I smiled at him.

"Anything for you my love." He answered in a low voice and I felt shivers run down my spine.

I cleared my throat and turned to my family.
Everyone looked happy but sad at the same time and I felt a lump in my throat.
I rushed to them and soon we were in a big family hug and I never wanted to leave it.

I said goodbye to Mila and Emily. I managed to hold myself together until the twins, but then the first tears fell.

"Remember Val, we're just a phone call away. You can always contact us day or night. I love you" Ethan said emotionally. I nodded and hugged him again.

"Are you crying again Aaron?" I asked and saw how his lips quivered.

"Pff, of course not!" He pulled me into a tight hug and I felt a tear drop down my shoulder. I stroked his back.

"I'm still ready to beat him up if he hurts you, you just say and I'll come right away. I love you Val and remember to keep in touch and come visit!" He whispered at me and I had to laugh at him.

"I love you. You are the best brothers a girl could wish for. I will call every day and promise to come visit" I told them with a sad smile on my face.

Now the hardest part. Mom and dad..

My lower lip started to quiver and tears welled up in my eyes. I walked to my mom. She didn't cry but looked at me in her loving way.

"My little girl, I'm so proud of you. You have grown into a beautiful and strong young woman and now you will be Luna." She kissed my cheek.

"We are always here for you. If there are setbacks, I know you can get through them" she glanced in Lucas's direction and continued "and always remember that everyone is equal and be ki-"

"Kind to everyone. I know mom. Sometimes it's just hard with certain people.." I grinned mischievously.

My mom rolled her eyes and hugged me. "I love you honey. Now you still have to deal with that big baby." She whispered in my ear and I looked at my dad who was further away with his arms crossed on his chest. Aww he's sulking.

"Hey big guy, can I have a hug?" His gaze turned to me and I noticed how his eyes sparkled. I pressed against his chest and he buried his head in my hair.

"Dad, everything is fine. I'll be fine." I tried to convince him.

"I know you'll be fine, but you'll always be my little princess, I wouldn't want to let you go." He whispered, his voice shaking. Alpha wolves don't usually show their most sensitive emotions in front of others, but I consider showing emotions a strength.

"I promised to call the twins every day. I'll call you and mom too. I'm not going to disappear."

Dad hugged me harder before letting go. I kissed his cheek and went over to Onyx.

"You better take good care of my daughter or you can be sure I'll come after you." Dad warned.

"Don't worry Alpha Jack. Valeria is the most important to me, I would die for her." Onyx said.

"Good. Now go before I change my mind about her leaving."

The last hugs and soon we were on our way to my new home.