Chapter 23

Lucas's pov

"Onyx! You traitor! And don't think I'll forget what you just talked about!" I yelled at him before getting ready to face my mother.

"Lucas!" I tried not to roll my eyes at her, I couldn't take this right now.

"Hi Mom." I sweetly replied. Too bad it didn't work.

"Don't try to be sweet to me young man! I heard what happened! I warned you but no, why would you listen to your mother!? Your stupidity almost cost you your mate. I swear to the Moon Goddess that I'll give you a good old spanking if you don't behave!" She ranted.

I looked at her in shock. She didn't really say that in front of Valeria. How embarrassing! But now I have to choose wisely and appease her.

"I know mom, I'm sorry."

"Olivia." My father tried to get her attention.

"What?" She asked, still glaring me.

My father pointed behind me where Valeria and Liam were standing. Valeria looked completely calm and Liam tried to hold back his laughter.

Good thing my mother didn't knock me over when she was already at Valeria's place and hugging her. Come on mom..

"Oh my Goddess you are so beautiful! Absolutely stunning!" She hovered around Valeria who thanked my mother and was not at all bothered by her over eagerness.

I noticed how Rosie went over to Liam and jumped into his arms. They hugged, kissed and for the first time I'm not jealous of their happiness. Now I'm sad that I don't have the same with Valeria.

"I'm Olivia and this is my husband Derek. Here is our daughter Maya and our son Leo. Lucas is our oldest child, even if you wouldn't believe it right away." My mom introduced everyone and glared me again. I love you too mom. Now I dared to roll my eyes.

Maya greeted and looked at Valeria in awe and Leo kissed her hand while praising her beauty. That little rascal.
Valeria introduced herself and at the same time got along well with my family.

"Hello! My name is Rosie, I'm Liam's mate." Rosie introduced herself.

"Hey, I'm Valeria. I've heard a lot about you! I hope we will become good friends." Valeria answered and they both laughed at a blushing Liam.

"Well, now that the introductions have been taken care of, I could show Valeria our suite and she can unpack her things. We can all talk more later. Follow me" I said. I took Valeria's bags and started walking towards the packhouse.

"Your family is really nice." Valeria said suddenly.

"Yeah, they're great. I hope you didn't feel anxious. Especially because of my mother's fussiness."

"I didn't. It's nice to feel welcomed." She said.

We continued our journey to the packhouse. Valeria greeted everyone kindly and stopped if anyone wanted to talk to her. She will be an awesome Luna.
It bothered me how all the single males were looking at her. "Mine!" Onyx and I together growled at them via mindlink and they immediately lowered their gazes.

I snorted. How on earth can I keep my temper and jealousy under control? I can't blame anyone for watching her, she's a true masterpiece. All the rumors about her beauty are true, even if Valeria doesn't know it herself.

"Valeria, come on, you can get to know everyone later." I said and directed her upstairs. I started to feel nervous when we arrived at the Alpha suite. I hope she likes it. No one knows that I was thinking about my mate when I decorated the apartment.

I opened the door and Valeria went in first. I stayed at the door to see her reaction. She walked around the living room, the kitchen and peeked into the bedroom. She turned to me and her eyes shone.

"The apartment is beautiful, Lucas. I will definitely enjoy myself here." She smiled and it warmed my heart to see that she is happy for real. Despite our previous argument.

I felt an annoying blush rise on my face.
"Thank you. Glad you like it. Come so I can show you where you can unload your stuff." I said and went to the bedroom.

"There is a wardrobe there. There's space for your clothes and things. The second nightstand is also empty and at your disposal. That door leads to the bathroom. Um, do you need help unpacking?" I asked, rubbing my neck nervously.

"Could I be alone for a while, if that's okay?" She answered.

"Of course. I'm going to visit my office, it's on the second floor at the end of the corridor. You can come there when you are ready. I.. I think we should talk. Again." I looked at her warily, I don't want to upset her again.

"Yes we should. I'll be there when I'm ready." She said and I couldn't tell from her expression what she thought about it.

I nodded to her and left the suite. I took a deep breath, it went just fine.

"At the moment. You better start thinking about what you want to say to her." Onyx decided to make his presence known.

"Thanks for the empty advice Onyx. What if we now discuss what was left unfinished before?" I asked. What the hell did Valeria mean? Her tone was so sexual. A pleasant shiver went through me when I even thought about something along those lines.

"It's up to Valeria if she wants you to know. You can ask her at the same time if you dare." Stupid wolf, I can imagine him smirking in my mind.

I sat down at my desk and looked at what had happened over the weekend. Since Rosie is Beta's mate, she has been the secretary during our absence.

Hmm, a few bills and calls from other packs. Nothing too special until I saw that the Red Moon pack had requested a meeting.

Red Moon is currently the largest and strongest pack and I have tried to negotiate an alliance with them. Alpha James has not been interested in the alliance before because he thinks my pack is aiming to be the biggest pack. I've never really liked him. He is interested in power, while I just want everyone in my pack to be happy and feeling good. Whether we are a small or a large pack.

"Liam, when you have time could you set up a meeting with Alpha James?" I asked him via mindlink and he was going to do it right away.

I was trying to work for an hour when Valeria's scent approached the office. How can anyone smell this good?

She knocked on the door and I took a deep breath.

"Come in!" Here we go..