Chapter 3

Valeria's pov

I ran straight to my room to pick out some dry clothes and went to take a quick hot shower.

When I was done I looked at my reflection.

I have long beautiful dark brown almost black hair. I don't know why, but my hair also has a thick silvery streak on the right side.
Big emerald green eyes, framed by thick black eyelashes stared back from the mirror.

My gaze falls on the necklace hanging around my neck with a round opal stone.
I closed my eyes and searched my memories for images of a light gray almost white wolf with opal colored eyes. The wolf is also named after its eyes, they were so unique.

"I miss you so much Opal.." I whispered and quickly composed myself before letting my emotions take over.

When I had finally finished everything, I headed to Ethan and his mate Mila's Alpha apartment, which is located on the top floor of packhouse.

"I'm here !" I announced my arrival and at the same time I was tackled in a big group hug.

"Happy Birthday!" Ethan, Aaron, Mila and Emily (Aaron's mate) screamed at the same time.

"Ouch! My ears hurt!" I tried to sound annoyed and hold back laughter. These people.

"I'm sorry kid. Come on, the food is already ready" Ethan said and ruffled my hair and quickly ran away.

I laughed and shook my head. Me a kid? Sometimes the twins behave like children and I wonder how they manage to run this pack.

"There's my little girl" my dad said and hugged me when I arrived in the dining room. I hugged him back and snuggled against his chest. He chuckled.
What can I say, I'm a daddy's girl.

"Is it my turn yet?" Mom asked and I hugged her and kissed her cheek.

"Let's eat!"

The meal included a lot of delicious food, a lot of laughter and conversation. I was already thinking that this was a good idea despite my bad mood, until Aaron decided to open his mouth.

"What do you think, Valeria, will you find your mate this year?"

Everyone was quiet, waiting for my answer. I'm in no rush and no interest in finding my mate at the moment.

"I don't know. I manage just fine without a mate, so I'm not in a hurry to find him."
"Besides, who would even want a wolf-less mate..." I muttered to myself, but of course everyone heard.

My dad let out a low growl
"Don't ever say anything like that again! You are perfect just the way you are with or without a wolf. All I see is a beautiful, kind and immensely strong young woman. Your mate must be a complete fool if he doesn't see it"

Everyone looked at me with sad eyes.
"Thanks dad" I sighed and hoped to change the subject.

Fortunately, my mom understood the situation.
"Okay, so Valeria do you have a lot of work for the coming week?"

After my studies, I have been working in the kindergarten looking after pups. I love children, they are so genuine and time flies by playing with them.

"As always. I go in the morning at 8 o'clock and leave around 3 o'clock, after that I go to train."

"I was hoping you could help me prepare the guest rooms before our guests arrive on Friday" mom continued.

"What guests" I asked confused.

Mom rolled her eyes "The Alpha of the Midnight pack is coming to negotiate an alliance with your brother. We should prepare 5 rooms for them"

"Oh that player Alpha" I snorted in disgust.
I admit that Alpha Lucas has a good reputation and is a strong Alpha, but he is also known for his way of changing women almost as often as his clothes.

"I can help with the preparation of the rooms, but I will happily skip the meeting" I tried to negotiate.

"No can do. It's a good custom for the entire Alpha family to receive guests," dad said.

"Hmph, of course it is" I mumbled like a child and everyone laughed. In the end, I started to laugh too and we continued the evening in good spirits.

I love my family.