Chapter 34

Valeria's pov

They left an hour ago. I'm still sitting in our apartment staring out the window.

Even though I'm still really angry, I don't want anything bad to happen to him or anyone. I can beat some sense into him when he comes back.

Lucas keeps trying to talk to me via mindlink, but I ignore him. Soon they are so far away that the connection no longer works.

Argh! I'm going crazy here! I got up from the couch and got ready to go out. Goddess knows Evelyn won't stop me.

I opened the door too hard, Evelyn was startled. I smiled at her "oh, sorry if I startled you."

"What do you think you're doing, go back to the apartment!" Evelyn tried to command me and I looked at her bored.

"First of all I don't take orders from you and secondly I'm your Luna, you don't command me." I told her with a growl.

"Pff, you may be Luna, but I only take my orders from Lucas. Besides.." She walked in front of me "I heard your argument, maybe Lucas will finally come to his senses and replace you with something better. Like me, we really had fun when we were together. Yeah, I'm definitely better than you."

That's it, that's enough. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Sorry mom.." I said quietly and turned to look at Evelyn.

She laughed. "What? Are you talking to yourself now? Haha crazy bitc-"

I hit her, breaking her nose in the process. Evelyn fell unconscious to the floor. I scoffed, one of the strongest warriors, yeah right.

I turned around only to see a surprised Rosie.

"Don't look so surprised, she begged for it. Could you arrange for someone to take her to the pack hospital?"

"Of course, but where are you going? You aren't going to leave?" Rosie asked worriedly.

"Don't worry, I'm just going to get some fresh air. I will be back soon." I assured her and hurried out.

I jogged into the woods and sighed in relief. Peace at last. I could feel my mindlink to Lucas due to the fading distance so I told him

"I hope you have enough money to pay your new Luna a new nose."

After that I disconnected. How can he be so stupid time after time. Onyx would have let me go with him, after all, he believes in me.

The sound of the speech made me freeze in place. I quickly crouched behind a bush so I wouldn't be seen.
I couldn't hear what was being said, but the smell carried by the wind made my heart stop. Rogues. They are here! Camp is a distraction. Shit!

"Lucas? Lucas!?" Awww fuck! They are already too far away.

Pull yourself together Valeria, you have to protect the pack. I slowly backed away from the place and when I knew I couldn't be seen, I ran back to the packhouse as fast as I could. I quickly stopped in the yard and mindlinked everyone.

"Listen everyone! Rogues are in the forest coming here! The mission where Alpha Lucas went is a diversion!
All children, women, the elderly and those who cannot fight, immediately move to the bunker!"

I collected my thoughts for a moment before continued

"Alpha Lucas and his group are too far away for mindlink, try contacting them by phone! Hurry up! I will check that everyone is safe when you are at the bunker. Also check that the cameras outside the bunker are working!" I ended the mindlink and ran to our room.

Even though the people were in distress, everyone headed to the shelter calmly without causing more panic. Good.

I ran straight to the bedroom. I changed my shoes, tied my hair and went to the dresser in the wardrobe. I dug out my double daggers, kissed each, and prayed to the Moon Goddess for strength to fight.

No way in hell I'm going to let those vile creatures destroy my home and new family.

I quickly sent a message to Ethan that the rogues are attacking and we are in trouble. I don't have time to call Lucas, he would just tell me to go to the shelter.

I ran to the bunker where the people were already, the warriors who stayed at home were already busy when the rogues started to appear from the forest.

"Valeria, come with me, please." Rosie said, holding my wrist.

I gave her a sad smile and removed my hand from her grip. I drew the daggers in their sheaths and began to close the bunker door.

"Try to catch Liam. You know I will defend the pack. I am your Luna but I am a Alpha. I promise to keep you safe.." I glanced at Rosie's stomach where a little life is developing. "Even if it's my last act."

"Valeria!" Rosie yelled as I closed the door.

I watched the cameras in the bunker and knew that everyone was watching what would happen. The sounds of battle began to grow louder. I gave them my last smile and turned to face the battle.

I can do this.