Chapter 14

Onyx's pov

How stupid he can be! Moon Goddess please give me the strength to endure this immature idiot!

"Onyx-"

"Shut up Lucas! You've done enough already! I will never forgive you if I lost my mate!" I yelled at him in my mind, for once he listened.

I rushed after Valeria but her brothers and father stepped in front of me and growled at me. The members of my pack were coming to my aid but I turned to face them and growled "stay put!".

"It's Onyx." Liam whispered.

I met the angry males again, who were glaring at me like they would kill me any second .

"Let me go to my mate." I demand them.

"Don't you dare pup. You can't afford to demand anything after what you said to my daughter!" Jack raised his voice.

"Nathan was family! As did his mate. Their loss touched us all but it devastated Valeria! You have no right to judge Valeria when you yourself can't even tell the number of women you've been with." Aaron said angrily.

I didn't manage to answer anything as Ethan continued

"We warned you and spoke to our sister on your behalf. She gave you a chance and in your stupidity you wasted it right away." He shook his head in disappointment.

"Can you let me talk!" I got angry myself.

"I'm not like my stupid human! I'm an old fashioned wolf. All I ever wanted was my mate and I wanted to wait for her!" All three stared at me and didn't budge.

"Look. I haven't spoken to Lucas in almost two years, unless it's related to leading the pack. He doesn't listen to me and if I lose my mate because of him, I'm ready to leave my human." I announced it for everyone to hear.

Several gasps were heard and the dining room erupted into loud chatter.

"Onyx no.." Lucas whispered in my mind.

"Everyone shut up!" I roared in my Alpha voice.

I faced the three Alphas proudly and continued.

"My human is just a child who can't think beyond his own nose. I'm already in love with Valeria and I would do anything for her."

I sighed sadly. "Please, I just want to talk to her. If she rejects me, I accept it."
I was already ready to bow to them. Alpha doesn't bow down except in extreme situations and this is one for me.

There was a startled gasp and I could almost swear it was Evelyn, that bitch.

A gentle hand under my chin stopped me from bowing and I looked in wonder at the former Luna.

She gave me a sad smile. "Alpha Onyx, I am extremely saddened by how Alpha Lucas behaved towards my daughter. However, you have the right to see her and talk to her."

"But mom-" the twins started at the same time but closed their mouths with just one glare from Ava. Mothers are scary. I don't even dare to think about our own mother's reactions when she hears about this.

"You can go Alpha Onyx." She said with a smile.

I held my hand over my heart and nodded at her with a smile.
"Thank you Luna Ava." I set out to follow my mate's scent.

My heart was pounding and I felt cold sweat break out on my forehead. Am I really ready for rejection? Yes I am. If it makes my mate happy, I'm all for it.

Fortunately, Lucas has been silent. I don't understand what's going through his mind.
I'm also a possessive Alpha wolf and I don't like the idea that my mate has been with someone else. But even I understand to keep my emotions in check because Valeria has done nothing wrong. And her relationship can't be compared to what Lucas has done.

Soon I stood at my mate's door and took a deep breath. I have to try to save my relationship with Valeria.

I knocked on the door and waited.