Chapter 10

Lucas's pov

"You can't be serious Lucas!"

Moon Goddess help me before I throw my friend out of a moving car! For the past half hour I've been listening to Liam complain.

"You couldn't even keep it in your pants for two hours! The whole car reeks!" Liam gagged.

I rolled my eyes and before I could answer Evelyn interrupted me.

"For once I agree with Liam. We're going to an important meeting with another pack and you decide it's smart to have sex in a gas station toilet when all the werewolves can smell that stench! Even concentrating on driving is difficult."

"It's not such a big deal! I'm just saying I needed to de-stress" I grinned. "Besides it's not my fault that women force themselves on me. You have to use the situation to your advantage and it's fun." I crossed my arms behind my neck and tried to relax the rest of the way. Guess if it works? Well no thanks because of my so called best friend.

"I don't understand you. You have a mate out there somewhere! You don't think about her at all? I know that I got my mate when I was 18 but you know that I was waiting for her. Even my first kiss was with Rosie!" Liam ranted.

I kept quiet and tried to ignore him. Liam let out a deep sigh and continued.

"Lucas.. I know that these days it's not at all surprising to have relationships before your mate but as your best friend, I say that you're taking it too far. What if your mate rejects you? I'm sure at that point you'll lose not only your mate but also Onyx. He doesn't even talk to you anymore.." Liam said before turning back to look out the window.

I was really pissed off and I wanted to make him submit to me. Best friend or not he should think about what he says to his Alpha! But one word made me freeze in place.

Rejection..

Certainly the worst fear of most wolfs is rejection from their mate, it's really painful.
Deep in my mind I know that I wouldn't survive the rejection let alone losing Onyx..

I grumbled quietly to myself. No one could resist me! The whole idea of rejection is ridiculous. I'm handsome, I have money and I'm the Alpha of the second strongest pack! Only a fool wouldn't want me. It doesn't matter, I'm perfect and I don't care what others think.

"Hello Lucas? We have arrived." Evelyn said.

"Oh of course hi I'm Alpha Lucas and we've come to see Alpha Ethan" I informed the guards and they let us continue on our way.

When we got there I stayed in the car for a while to gather my thoughts when others went out. I have to make a good impression as Alpha if I want this alliance to happen.

I took a deep breath and got out of the car to join the others.

"Okay, remember that this is an important meeting so everyone behaves accordingly." I informed them and we started walking towards the packhouse.

A small group was waiting for us in the yard and the first one I noticed was Alpha Ethan. He radiated a strong Alpha aura and I wouldn't want to get on his bad side.

"Hello, welcome to the Crescent Moon pack! I'm Alpha Ethan and this is my mate Luna Mila." Ethan shook my hand and introduced his beautiful mate.

"Thank you for welcoming us. I'm Alpha Lucas and this is my Beta Liam and my friend Evelyn and warriors Jay and Pete." I answered to him.

The man next to Alpha Ethan looked exactly like him and Ethan must have noticed my confused expression because he laughed.

"This is my twin brother Aaron and his mate Emily and these are my parents former Alpha and Luna." Ethan clarified.

I looked at the older couple and nodded to them. "Nice to meet Alpha and Luna."

"Oh please just call us Ava and Jack." Former Luna said and I nodded at them again. I discreetly tried to find where their daughter might be. The rest of the group seems to be warriors.

"Did your trip go well?" Ethan asked and before I could answer Aaron grinned at me and said

"Apparently, at least Alpha's journey has included some good time." He waggled his eyebrows at me.

"Haha, you could say that." I replied with a laugh.

"Your reputation travels before you Alpha, they say you're quite a ladies' man." Ethan added.

"What can I say women can't resist me and who am I to deny them what they want." I smirked.

"What about your mate? She's over there somewhere. What do you think she thinks about your numerous adventures with different women?" Luna Mila asked looking little sad.

Hmph this same shit again. I went on the defensive mode and answered arrogantly

"Well everyone has a past before their mate so they just have to accept it" I shrugged my shoulders "and I don't want to brag but there's a reason why women like me and with this look I'm sure my mate will want me immediately and won't even remember my previous hookups." I smirked again.

"I wouldn't be so arrogant Alpha." A new voice joined the conversation. And how angelic yet sharp her voice was.
I suddenly felt Onyx moving in my mind but I didn't pay attention to it.

"And why wouldn't I be?" I replied to this mystery person.

From behind everyone appeared the most breathtaking woman I have ever seen and I swear I forgot to breathe, she is so beautiful. Body like a model but you can see that she is working out, really unique looking hair and those eyes.. I have never seen such green eyes, like emerald gems. She has to be the much talked about Alpha Ethan's sister. I couldn't help but stand frozen in place and noticed that she has no scent.

"Because one day you'll meet the one person who doesn't fall for your charm or your looks and then you'll regret being such an arrogant and disgusting player." She said with a cold tone of voice and revealed her scent.

I felt like I could pass out, the scent was so intoxicating and addictive.
I think I'm in love.

"Mate.." Onyx said quietly.

I was amazed. She's my mate. Those green eyes bore into mine and I tried to go to her while whispering "mate".

"No." That's all she said before heading back to the packhouse.