Chapter 24

Valeria's pov

Lucas left and I sat on his bed. Especially in the bedroom, his scent is strong and it calmed my mind. His apartment is amazing, I can totally see myself living here.

After dreaming for a while, I started unpacking. It didn't take long because I didn't take a lot of stuff with me. Maybe Rosie, Olivia and Maya would like to go shopping soon.

I decided to go talk to Lucas. I have to keep my emotions in check if I want to get along with him.

The trip to the second floor took a surprisingly long time as many members of the pack wanted to talk to me. Everyone welcomed me and were happy that Lucas had found his mate.

"Valeria!" Rosie yelled and ran over to save me. "Come. I'll escort you to Lucas's office." I said goodbye to the others and continued on my way.

"Thank you. I probably wouldn't have been able to continue the journey anytime soon." I smiled at her.

"You could have just said that you have stuff to do, that you don't have time to talk." Rosie said.

"I don't want to be rude. Besides, I like meeting new people. Lucas can wait."

"I heard you had a rough start." Rosie said cautiously.

"You can say that. I've known about Lucas' reputation before I met him and it's safe to say I haven't been a fan of his. His behavior only proved that he lived up to his reputation. Then he dares to get angry and cause a scene because I'm not a virgin myself." I said and rolled my eyes as I remembered the whole event.

"That stupid man.." Rosie mumbled.

"Hey it's okay. Onyx partially resolved the situation. I really like him." I smiled.
"And now I'm trying to talk to Lucas again, so things will work out sooner or later."

"Onyx huh?" Rosie grinned at me and I felt myself blush.

"Stop that. I will not discuss this further. Oh look! We're here, thanks Rosie, byebye." I tried to evict her while knocking on the office door.

She started to laugh and continued on her way. Then she yelled "We'll talk about this later!"

"Come in!" Lucas said and I took a deep breath before entering the office.

His office was like the other Alphas'. A desk in front of the window, large bookshelves, a small sofa and a larger table around which meetings can be held. It's nice.

I walked over to Lucas and sat across from him. He didn't look like a confident Alpha, more like a nervous wreck. I felt sorry for him.

I took his hand and he looked at me in shock.
"Are you okay Lucas?"

He was silent for a long time and just stared at me. I made eye contact and stared back. He broke eye contact and looked at our hands.

"No, I'm not okay Valeria." He sighed deeply and kissed my knuckles, my heart skipped a beat.

"I.. I've been waiting for you for so long and it breaks me that I messed things up so badly. I really want to patch up things between us and be like mates usually are. I want you to be mine so bad." He whispered.

I was stunned. How can that same egotistical, selfish idiot be so sad and emotional? Maybe I've been too hard on him..

I got up and walked over to him. He looked at me warily. I turned the chair so I could get between his legs. I can hear how his heart started to beat faster as I hugged him. Lucas was still for a long moment before carefully wrapping his arms behind my back and burying his head in my stomach. I stroked his hair.

"We're starting to sound like a broken record." I sighed.
"I'm not going anywhere Lucas. Yes, you screwed up, but we'll get over it in time. So here is my suggestion." Lucas raised his head and looked at me but didn't let go of me.

"First, we're going slow in our relationship because I can't immediately forget everything you said."

"Secondly, you can't dictate what I do and I won't start moving around with the babysitter. I also want to train in the nearest human town, alone."

"Lastly, the two of us shouldn't bring Nathan into our conversations anymore because it will only lead to a fight."

"Oh! And I want to be with Onyx as much as possible, in human form or as a wolf."

Lucas pursed his lips and thought for a long time. He looked pretty cute. I know that as a mate I am asking a lot. Werewolves move quickly in their relationships and are very protective of their mates, especially Alphas. But Lucas has to trust me, it's time for him to show it.

Lucas buried his head back into my stomach and let out a loud groan and mumbled "Fine."

"Good." I said and smiled.

"May I ask something?" He said suddenly.

"Of course."

"What did you mean when you told Onyx that you can pick up where you left off?" He asked, sitting up properly.

"Ahaha, uh, well Onyx kissed me." I said blushing and shrugged.

Lucas's mouth dropped open. "He what!?" Lucas exclaimed and I had to laugh at him.

"It was a spur of the moment, but I liked it I can't deny that." I winked at him and sat back in my seat.

I watched with amusement as Lucas was clearly talking to Onyx. His eyes changed color and finally he growled to himself. I decided to interrupt their argument.

"Would it be possible for me to have my own office? I would like the members of the pack to be able to confidentially come and talk to their Luna if they have any issues or problems."

Lucas looked at me surprised but quickly nodded.

"Of course! The next room was my mother's office, you can do whatever you want with it. Come and I will show it to you." He was eager.

I stopped him when we were at the door.

"Lucas."

"Yes?" He turned to look at me.

"Thank you. I know it was hard for you to accept my terms."

I kissed him on the lips and left the room, leaving a frozen Lucas in his place.

I smiled. Maybe this can work out.