Chapter 35

Lucas's pov

"I hope you have enough money to pay your new Luna a new nose."

Valeria said. What? What new Luna? Before I could answer, she blocked me.

"You've pissed her off again! Stupid human." Onyx said.

"Shut up Onyx, this is not the time or place to start arguing!"

We were deep in the woods far from home and still no sign of the rogue camp. Where are they hiding? Well, I can find out what the situation is at home at the same time.

"Rosie?"

"Yes Lucas?"

"Do you know what Valeria does? She blocked me but before that she said something about Luna's new nose?" I asked, confused.

Rosie chuckled.

"Let's just say that Evelyn finally went too far and Valeria broke her nose."

"That's my girl!" Onyx cheered.

"She what!?" I exclaimed.

"Which? Evelyn said she would better Luna and that she hopes you trade Valeria for her and Valeria hit her when Evelyn bragged about your one night stand." Rosie answered as if it was a small thing.

"You can't be serious. Where is Valeria now?" I asked.

"Rosie. Rosie?" Just my luck, we're too far away to use mindlink.

I groaned out loud.

"Is something wrong Lucas?" Liam asked and my dad looked at me worried too.

"Nothing bigger than Evelyn and Valeria have argued and I can no longer contact the pack, we are too far away."

"You should really treat Valeria better, she feels bad when you are almost always on Evelyn's side. Even when I try to tell you that Evelyn started it all." Liam preached to me.

"Just focus on your own business!" I growled at him.

"Son. Calm down and focus on the task." My father said.

"Where's that fucking camp!?" I raged at myself.

First I pissed off Valeria, then she fought with my friend and hit her. Liam gets on my nerves and we see no sign of the rogue wolves.

Suddenly, a sharp pain in my hand made my step falter and I hissed in pain. What the fuck?
The next excruciating pain hit my back, like someone was ripping my back open. I fell to the ground.

"Lucas, are you okay?" My father asked, crouching next to me worriedly. Onyx whined in my mind but I couldn't make out anything from him because of the pain.

"I-I don't know what t-this is." I tried to tell him and at the same time focus on my breathing as the pain subsided a little.

My father turned pale.

"Dad, what now?" I asked and before he could answer from his shock, Liam's phone rang.

"Hey love, is everything o-" Whatever Rosie said was serious enough to silence Liam and he paled too.

"Calm down dear, we'll be right back. Hey, I love you." Liam hung up and looked at me with wide eyes.

"Rogues have attacked the pack. There is no camp!"

My father started shouting to the warriors that we must hurry back immediately and quickly told the situation. The warriors didn't waste time and immediately started running back.

"Lucas?" Liam approached me. "We must go."

I sat on the ground in shock and processed what just happened.

"Lucas.. Rosie said that Valeria didn't agree to come to the bunker. She's defending the pack.." Liam said cautiously.

I jumped to my feet in a panic and Onyx and I said at the same time

"Valeria"

All that pain.. I feel what she feels! We changed and started running home full of energy.

Wait Valeria, we are coming.