Chapter 30

Valeria's pov

Alpha James arrives today. Lucas has been stressed about the meeting and I've been trying to calm him down.

I remember meeting Alpha James when I was younger. My family took part in a bigger event where several different packs participated.

I thought he was weird. I remember how I noticed him staring at me several times and when he came to greet my parents he seemed very interested in me. I don't like him.

And of course, this day is also really hot, which only adds to the oppressive feeling. I decided to put on a summer dress and tie my hair in a high ponytail.

"You look beautiful." Lucas said and kissed my cheek.

"Thank you good sir, you don't look bad yourself." I answered accordingly.

"Who will come with us?" I asked.

"My family, Liam, our main warrior Simon and, well Evelyn, because she follows his father's work." Lucas answered.

Evelyn of course, I hope she knows how to behave and doesn't get on my nerves. During my time here, I have not once heard her say anything positive and her behavior towards me is rude whenever Lucas is not around.

"Okay. Let's go."

We didn't have to wait long when we saw a car coming towards the packhouse. Two people got out of the car, Alpha James and another younger man.

"He only has one man with him, strange." Lucas mindlinked us.

As they got closer I caught their scent.

"Hybrid" I whispered so that our own group could hear. Soon they were with us.

"Hello. Welcome Alpha James." Lucas greeted and introduced us to them.

".. And here is my beautiful mate Valeria." Alpha James' gaze turned to me and something flashed in his eyes. He makes me feel anxious.

"Beautiful indeed.. It's a pleasure to meet you again, I remember you when you were still a young girl." Alpha James said and kissed my hand. How unpleasant.

Lucas could tell I didn't like the attention I was getting because he pulled me next to him.

"And who is with you, Alpha James?" He asked politely even though I could feel how angry he was because another man was behaving like that towards me. What an Alpha male, I rolled my eyes in my mind.

"Ah yes, this is Eric. He's a hybrid, half wolf and half wizard. He's pretty tight-lipped." Alpha James introduced him and he waved at us.
He has jet black hair and light purple eyes, quite handsome actually.

"Alright, let's go inside and start the meeting." Lucas said and we went inside.

I can feel Alpha James' gaze burning the back of my head the entire way. I glanced behind me and he was smiling widely. Creepy.

"Are you okay?" Lucas mindlinked.

"Yes, there's just something unnerving about Alpha James." I answered.

"Indeed. He should know not to touch what's mine!" Lucas grumbled.

"Is that so?" I answered and glanced at him. We are at the very beginning with all intimacy and he is already more possessive of me.

"You're so sweet" I said and pinched his blushing cheek. Lucas cleared his throat.

"Aah young love. Remember to cherish it, you never know when it will end." Alpha James said and my mood immediately dropped.

"Yes, I will cherish her forever." Lucas looked at me gently. "But now we can start negotiating. Liam will come with me."

"I'm going to visit the orphanage." I said and kissed Lucas lightly. "It was nice to meet you, Alpha James and Eric." I nodded to them.

"The pleasure was on our side." Alpha James replied. I gave him a forced smile and left. Before I stepped out of the house, I saw how Evelyn was glaring at me again. Annoyed, I smiled and waved at her. It will surely annoy her.

Alpha James's pov

I watched as Valeria left the packhouse, she is indeed such a beautiful young woman just like the rumors say. It seems like a waste to kill her, but I can't let the queen rise to rule again.

"Use your powers and examine the mind of everyone who comes across us and find out if someone could be helpful in our mission." I commanded Eric via mindlink. He nodded almost imperceptibly.

"This way." Alpha Lucas said and I followed him and smirked.

Soon the queen will fall.