Chapter 18

Zhang Meijuan had no idea she had hired someone so capable.

While Zhang Meijuan was sighing and pasting flyers all over the street, Hong Xiaonuan was praising Cheng Xuan in the shop, "You're so capable!"

Cheng Xuan had never worked before. She only did household chores that she could do at home. She didn't know that this was considered capable. She was facing praise like this for the first time and was unsure how to respond.

With confidence in Cheng Xuan's ability, Hong Xiaonuan knew that even though Cheng Xuan didn't like to talk to people, her work efficiency was great, and her mother wouldn't dismiss her.

Hong Xiaonuan came over with an order-taking machine and taught Cheng Xuan how to use it. "Usually, you'll be responsible for taking orders, serving food, and cleaning the front of the house. There will be part-time workers to help you when it gets busy at night."

Cheng Xuan nodded, and Hong Xiaonuan demonstrated the machine to her. Seeing Cheng Xuan's expressionless face, she asked, "Did I explain it clearly? Shall I demonstrate it again?"

"No need, I got it," Cheng Xuan said calmly. She typed in a few dish names and successfully placed the order.

Hong Xiaonuan was surprised at how quickly Cheng Xuan learned. "You learn things so quickly," she said.

Only then did she remember that Cheng Xuan seemed to be good at learning.

Cheng Xuan pursed her lips and didn't answer. "I haven't had breakfast. Can I eat now?" she asked.

"Oh, yes, please eat," Hong Xiaonuan said.

Hong Xiaonuan was mentally prepared for Cheng Xuan's aloofness since it was hard to get close to her at school. However, she was not angry or annoyed because of Cheng Xuan's indifference. Instead, she was a little curious.

So Cheng Xuan could communicate with people normally, too.

She always thought Cheng Xuan was the type who did her own thing and looked down on others.

Cheng Xuan lifted the food box onto the table and opened the first layer. The food was all easy to eat, such as rice balls and sushi.

When Hong Xiaonuan saw the exquisite meal, she asked, "Did the young miss prepare this for you?"

Cheng Xuan took a rice ball and turned to look at her. "Mmm."

"I thought so," Hong Xiaonuan said, sitting across from her. Her small round face with freckles showed a smile. "Only the young miss would prepare such delicate food."

Cheng Xuan took a bite of the rice ball, which was filled with tuna.

She raised her eyelids, her black pupils pure and bright, as if mentioning this person made her feel good. "Yes."

Hong Xiaonuan was stunned. It was the first time she had seen Cheng Xuan show such an expression.

Does Cheng Xuan like Yao Yanyan so much that she can't help but smile when she thinks of her?

Hong Xiaonuan didn't think too much about it and went to the kitchen to continue peeling potatoes because she had nothing to talk about with Cheng Xuan.

By the end of the day, Cheng Xuan had adapted exceptionally quickly.

So much so that when it was lunchtime, Zhang Meijuan came back after posting advertisements to help, and saw Cheng Xuan busy with the ordering machine, she thought she was randomly pressing buttons.

"Hey, kid." Zhang Meijuan's face turned white. She looked at the neatly arranged dishes on the ordering machine screen and checked with Hong Xiaonuan. She hadn't made a mistake.