Chapter 71

— "I like you too."

This was the only sentence Yao Yanyan said while hugging her.

What does that mean exactly?

Are they together now?

When Cheng Xuan was shopping at the market with Uncle Zheng's wife, her mind couldn't turn because of this sentence. She lost sight of the person leading the way and took the wrong path twice.

"It's not this way, Xiao Cheng." Uncle Zheng's wife hurriedly pulled her, noticing the obvious dark circles under the child's eyes and worriedly grasped her arm.

After spending time together, Uncle Zheng's wife asked for Cheng Xuan's name and started calling her Xiao Cheng.

Cheng Xuan had never been called that by anyone before. Only her grandfather called her Daya when she was a child. Hearing Aunt Zheng calling her Xiao Cheng now, she always felt like it wasn't her name being called.

"Thank you, Aunt Liu."

Uncle Zheng's wife surname was Liu, originally named Liu Tiantian, also known as Liu Qing'er.

"It's nothing." Aunt Liu held Cheng Xuan's hand and walked into the market.

Earlier in the morning, Liu Qing'er was thinking about going to the market later to buy some fish and pork ribs while putting on makeup when she saw Cheng Xuan coming out from the opposite door.

She called out, and the seemingly unapproachable girl stopped in her tracks and obediently stood still, calling her "Aunt."

Liu Qing'er liked her, "You woke up quite early. Are you hungry? Do you want to eat?"

"I'm not hungry yet, thank you." Cheng Xuan politely thanked Liu Qing'er and walked in the direction of the restroom.

Liu Qing'er called out to her, "How about going out with Aunt later?" She smiled at Cheng Xuan, "Let's go to the market, buy some meat, and come back to stew it."

That's how the two of them decided.

It had only rained and snowed in the latter half of the night, and the road was slippery in the morning. Cheng Xuan didn't try to pull her arm back from Liu Qing'er's embrace. Instead, she changed her gesture and carefully held Liu Qing'er's arm, afraid that she might slip.

Liu Qing'er noticed and turned her head to look at her, smiling affectionately, "I'm getting older, and on days like this, I usually don't go out much. Don't feel troubled because of Aunt."

"It's not trouble." Cheng Xuan lowered her eyes and walked slowly with Liu Qing'er, very slowly.

But she could hear Liu Qing'er's gentle laughter in her ear.

Cheng Xuan raised her eyes, feeling somewhat puzzled.

Liu Qing'er patted her hand, "Actually, your sister has been talking about you to me for a long time."

"She talked about... me?" Cheng Xuan was taken aback. "When did she do that?"

Liu Qing'er tapped her chin, trying to remember. "A few years ago, when she called me, she kept mentioning you," Liu Qing'er recalled that time and couldn't help but laugh. "She said you were really good."

She didn't dare to say anything more.

Actually, at that time, she had just heard about what happened to the Yao family, so she had a slight resentment towards Cheng Xuan and the Yao family.

But that resentment was not strong. It was just because she wanted to stand up for her beloved child. Perhaps she unintentionally vented her frustrations, and Yao Yanyan also noticed.