Chapter 43

"Didn't sleep well again?" Jiang Leyu handed a cup of coffee to Yao Yanyan.

"No," Yao Yanyan buried her face in her arms.

"Working overtime again?"

"Yeah, for three or four consecutive days," Yao Yanyan sat up, "And it gets later each day. Can you believe that I stayed up until past three in the morning last night!?" She angrily slapped the table.

"Oh my," Jiang Leyu took a sip of coffee, speaking teasingly, "You're really something, working for such an unscrupulous company. I should learn from you."

Yao Yanyan laughed at her anger and stood up, about to give her a push, but couldn't hold back and sneezed on her face.

"Ah-choo!"

Jiang Leyu: "..."

Jiang Leyu wiped her face and took two steps back. "Go wash your face, Yao Yanyan."

"Sorry," Yao Yanyan covered her face and sneezed softly twice.

"You caught a cold?" Jiang Leyu said, "It's normal, Finland must be quite cold, and suddenly coming here can be challenging."

"Yeah," Yao Yanyan tore off a tissue.

"Remember to buy some cold medicine when you go back," Jiang Leyu waved her hand at her.

"Okay, got it," Yao Yanyan watched her leave and sat back in her office chair.

It's not good to be like this every day.

Yao Yanyan struggled with her coffee, mechanically drawing, her eyelids heavy with fatigue.

Lately, the game sketches she drew were all in a Japanese style. She felt dizzy from researching, and her coffee was running out, so she went out to pour herself another cup.

Yang Linmeng caught sight of her as she came out and took a deep breath before approaching her for a chat. "Yanyan!"

"Ah..." Yao Yanyan squinted her eyes in exhaustion and smiled when she saw her. "Mengmeng."

Hearing her call her name, Yang Linmeng couldn't help but feel happy and silently praised the sweetness of her voice. Seeing the dark circles under Yao Yanyan's eyes, she felt a little worried. "Yanyan, did you not sleep well last night?"

Yao Yanyan nodded with a smile, "Yeah, I'm so tired that I can't keep my eyes open."

The two chatted for a while, and when Yao Yanyan went to make coffee, as she was tearing open a sugar packet, she heard Zhou Birao deliberately raising her voice from behind.

"Of course, they invited me proactively!" Zhou Birao's voice was slow and soft.

Yao Yanyan didn't need to hear the whole conversation to know that Zhou Birao was showing off again.

Yang Linmeng rolled her eyes disdainfully, "Your nightlife seems rich, and you don't seem tired at all. You have great stamina. With that energy, wouldn't it be better to focus on work and earn more money?"

Yao Yanyan smiled but didn't respond.

This Zhou Birao person is not well-liked by the people in the company.

Unfortunately, she is completely oblivious and gossips loudly, catching a whiff of the coffee aroma, and her eyes scanning forward, she noticed the new girl who arrived yesterday.

She hadn't been in the company for long, always idling around, completely unaware of S.moke's reputation and not caring about it either. In fact, she looked down on this small company and felt hesitant to mention that she works in the game industry.