Chapter 50

WeChat message from Yao Wu: She said she wants to buy a cat to keep at her house.

While Yao Yanyan is at work, she is always looking forward to bringing home a certain type of cat.

She likes small animals. The anticipation of adding a new member to her family brings her joy.

After thinking for a moment, Yao Yanyan instructs Yao Wu: "Buy me a beautiful fish as well."

Yao Wu responds, "A fish?"

Yao Yanyan types back, "Yes, keep it in a fish tank to accompany our koi fish at home."

Yao Wu agrees and Yao Yanyan sends her a red envelope.

A few minutes later, the young girl receives it and replies with "Love you, sister."

Yao Yanyan smiles and puts her phone back on the table.

Since Yao Wu left home and entered university, she has been resistant to spending her family's money.

It's not that she's embarrassed, but she wants to sever ties with the unpopular family. She knows that.

So on regular days, she helps out whenever she can. Yao Yanyan doesn't want Yao Wu to live a life of poverty and hardship.

She spends the whole morning busy with work. Jiang Leyu, her troublesome boss, comes in and teases her several times, expressing her boredom. After a while, she even opens the window, stands by it, and starts smoking, refusing to leave.

She smokes fruity cigarettes just for fun; they don't have much taste. Yao Yanyan doesn't even raise her head and tells her, "Don't disturb me while I'm working."

Jiang Leyu chuckles from her throat and says, "Yanyan, where should I put my face as a boss?"

"In the mud."

"You're something." Jiang Leyu crushes the cigarette between her fingertips, rubs her forehead, and yawns. "Let's go together tonight to see the little cat and have a good meal together."

Yao Yanyan, amused by her unpredictable nature and constant thoughts about how to have fun, agrees. Jiang Leyu hums a tune and leaves.

Zhou Birao arrives just now.

She was fired from her previous jobs due to frequent tardiness. At the company where Jiang Leyu, her relative, works, she has become even worse, always trying to clock in just a moment before the end of the workday.

Jiang Leyu gets a headache every time she sees her. She doesn't understand why she keeps employing such a stupid girl. She wants to fire her, but her mother disagrees, saying it would be impolite to do so to a relative.

She leans against the wall and blocks Zhou Birao's path, not giving her any face. "Do you know what time it is now?"

Zhou Birao glances at her, rolls her eyes, unwilling to stand still, and remains silent.

What a lousy place. She regrets coming here.

Jiang Leyu has no idea what she's thinking. If she knew, zhe would have kicked her into the Pacific Ocean long ago.

"Remember to clock in for me, don't stand here blocking my way."

Zhou Birao pouts and walks past, wanting to fingerprint herself. Jiang Leyu makes a sharp sound.

"You haven't clocked in for a few days. The clock-in machine is broken, and you didn't even know."

She takes Zhou Birao to the attendance sheet, instructing her to find her name and checkmark it under the corresponding date, then leaves.