Chapter 77: The End.

When Cheng Xuan opened her eyes again, she was standing in the long corridor of Jingshi No.1 High School.

It was raining outside the windows on the opposite side, and the sky was extremely gloomy and dark, giving a creepy feeling.

There was no one in the corridor. Her mind felt empty, as if she had forgotten something, but couldn't remember what it was.

If it were in the past, she would definitely make an effort to recall.

But now, for some reason, she didn't have the urge to remember. She stood on the empty corridor like a lonely ghost, motionless.

Just as she was about to take a step forward, a very frail figure carrying someone emerged from the corner on the opposite side.

It was a little girl who appeared to be around eleven or twelve years old.

She was black and thin, carrying a disobedient little boy on her back and holding the hand of a somewhat silent little girl. There was a woman standing beside her, clinging and twisting her arm.

No one spoke, but Cheng Xuan felt as if she could hear voices as she watched.

She was very familiar with the words that woman would say; they were the same insults she couldn't escape during the day and would surely haunt her dreams at night, like an interrogation.

But now, those insults and beatings were not directed at her, but at another "her."

The girl carrying someone on her back looked exactly like Cheng Xuan did in her childhood. Her expression was numb, even when pinched, her eyebrows didn't twitch as if her whole body had been numbed and didn't feel any pain.

"Who are you?" Cheng Xuan stopped in her tracks, looking at the thin and small face of the girl with big eyes, resembling a fragile creature.

Cheng Xuan blinked but remained silent.

"Who are you?" the girl asked again, standing in front of her and looking up at her.

"I am..." Cheng Xuan parted her lips to say two words, but before she could finish, she watched as the people on the girl's back and the one she was holding vanished one by one.

She wasn't surprised and looked at the spot where Chen Huishu had been standing. She uttered the last two words, "...Cheng Xuan."

As soon as she said those words, Chen Huishu's shadow dispersed like a mist, disappearing on the spot.

"You're called Cheng Xuan? I'm also called Cheng Xuan," the girl said, looking up.

"Yes." Cheng Xuan didn't know how to interact with the child, even though the child in front of her was her childhood self.

Strangely, she didn't even feel that the current situation was very strange.

It was as if she was in an absurd dream, where she herself had also been assimilated and her consciousness was unclear.

"Why don't you call me Daya? That's the nickname my grandfather gave me," the little Cheng Xuan suggested, looking up.

"Alright, Daya." Cheng Xuan spoke, a rather ordinary name that sounded unexpectedly pleasant when spoken in her voice.

Daya seemed to be in a good mood and spoke in a child's voice, "How did you end up here, Cheng Xuan?"

"...I don't know," Cheng Xuan's gaze momentarily became dazed, "When I snapped out of it, I was already standing here."

"I see," Daya looked at her.

Cheng Xuan also looked at her, feeling that her eyes were very large and vacant, not like a human, but rather like a kind of doll crafted by a deity.