Chapter 38

The next day, the two of them boarded the bus back to Fengkang Town.

The sky was gloomy, as if brewing a heavy rain. Yao Yanyan slightly pursed her lips and followed Cheng Xuan onto the bus. She said to the driver, "Go to Jing City."

Cheng Xuan looked at her in surprise.

Yao Yanyan pretended not to see and paid for the fare. She took Cheng Xuan to the seat at the back of the bus.

"I have something to take care of at home. Accompany me on this trip first," Yao Yanyan said, lowering her eyes. She didn't dare to look at Cheng Xuan, and her voice was calm.

Cheng Xuan blinked and said, "Okay."

They arrived early, with a little time before the bus started. Yao Yanyan could feel Cheng Xuan observing her. Just as she was about to ask what she was looking at, a slender and beautiful hand gently rested on her clenched fist.

That hand patiently opened her tightly held palm and stroked the crescent mark she had pinched, then entwined their fingers together.

"Does it hurt?" Cheng Xuan asked softly.

Yao Yanyan's heart trembled slightly, and she pursed her lips, revealing a smile that wasn't particularly attractive. "No, it doesn't hurt."

Neither of them let go of their hands. Cheng Xuan looked outside the window and casually asked, "Did something happen at your home?"

Yao Yanyan lowered her eyes. "No."

She wasn't ready to tell Cheng Xuan what had happened.

Or rather, her mind was blank right now.

Cheng Xuan was not a talkative person to begin with, so it was not easy for her to take the initiative to ask her a question. The bus started, and the two of them remained silent throughout the journey.

Yao Yanyan was prone to motion sickness. Even when Zheng Shu drove the car, she felt uncomfortable, let alone taking the bus. After taking motion sickness medicine, she leaned on Cheng Xuan's shoulder and fell asleep.

At this time, the entire wealthy circle of Jing City was in an uproar due to the incident involving the real and fake heiress of the Yao family.

The sound of message notifications kept coming one after another.

Jiang Leyu furrowed her brows and opened her phone. Several group chats were discussing the Yao family's affairs, and she didn't know how the news had spread so widely.

【Star Card Beast: Oh my god, everyone, big news, huge news! The real heiress of the Yao family seems to have been found in the mountains! This is her mother who raised her! (Photo)】

【Jing City's Number One Hunk: Ugh, she looks like a disgusting old lady.】

【Qingfeng: It's not nice to say that. She's the one who painstakingly raised the real daughter of the Yao family.】

【Wen Xiaoxiao Mone: Unbelievable, I can already imagine what the real heiress looks like. She's going back to the Yao family and will probably be bullied by YYY (whispering).】

【Call me to study if you see me: Who are you upstairs? Are you mentally unstable? Reading too many romance novels and talking about bullying?】

【Wen Xiaoxiao Mone: What did I say? I'm just being a loyal follower of YYY. Truly speechless.】

【Call me to study if you see me: I'm licking your mom. Women are just jealous.】

【Pretty Girl Ha: Speechless +1, YYY's loyal followers are truly everywhere. Ruining the chat with their nonsense.】