Chapter 40

Yao Yanyan left in Jiang Leyu's car that day.

Her childhood friend, with a small braid, fair and beautiful, dressed in cool clothes, but filled with anger, stood with her arms crossed in front of the car. When she saw her, she didn't say a word, just shouted to get in the car.

Yao Yanyan was exhausted, fastened her seatbelt, and Jiang Leyu helped her put the luggage in the trunk. She came around from the back and the first thing she said when she opened the car door was, "I found out that all those rumors about your family were spread by your cousin."

Yao Yanyan didn't even look up. "I know."

"You know," Jiang Leyu frowned, losing her carefree demeanor, "You know and yet you didn't confront her properly? Instead, you're leaving. What's the point? You're letting her off the hook!"

Yao Yanyan's head ached from her scolding. She gently pinched her shoulder and advised her to calm down. "Big sister, fighting is against the law."

"Take your hands off! Yao Yanyan, let me tell you! I won't fall for your tricks," Jiang Leyu waved her hand away. "You explain the whole situation to me clearly. This person... is she called Cheng Xuan? What's the deal between you and her? And why are you leaving?"

Yao Yanyan sighed, knowing that she hadn't explained it clearly, and she wouldn't be able to drive anyway, so she decided to tell her everything.

"So why are you leaving? Haven't you explained everything to your family? Isn't that enough?" Jiang Leyu was truly puzzled. "Your mother is mentally unstable, are you trying to provoke her? Besides, when Yao Wu came back from school and found you were gone, she must have gone crazy, right?"

"Don't worry about that," Yao Yanyan lowered her gaze, "I didn't live up to my mother's expectations. I will explain everything to Yao Wu later. I have a reason that requires me to leave now."

"You can't tell me?" Jiang Leyu glanced at her and took out a box of cigarettes from her pocket, lighting one and placing it between her lips.

"I can't," Yao Yanyan said firmly.

She couldn't possibly tell her best friend that she would die at the age of twenty-four. She was running away now to escape the plot and avoid the death that would follow.

Jiang Leyu was almost driven crazy by this stubborn person.

Why was she keeping everything to herself and not saying anything? What kind of melodrama was she acting in!?

Yao Yanyan was also driven to her limit by her.

When would she finally start the car and let her leave!?

Both of them fell silent, refusing to speak, refusing to start the car. In the end, it was Jiang Leyu, the Leo, who couldn't bear it anymore. Her temper flared up, wishing she could turn Yao Yanyan into a cannon and blast that despicable Song Bairuo to death.

"After you leave, I'm going to fight with Song Bairuo," Jiang Leyu lit the cigarette, took a deep drag, and said fiercely, "I really want to pull out all that wretched woman's hair."

Yao Yanyan: "..."

Yao Yanyan felt genuinely scared in her heart. "Please don't treat Cheng Xuan like that."

"I know," Jiang Leyu said, "Although, I might not be able to like her."

"She's really good," Yao Yanyan pursed her lips and spoke earnestly. "If you get to know her, you'll understand. She's independent and doesn't talk much, but she's always sincere to others. She's a really great girl. When the time comes, I'll trouble you to take care of her and Yao Wu."