Chapter 64

The suitcases were piled up in the corridor.

Yao Yanyan held the documents in her hand, looking at Cheng Xuan's motionless figure.

"Open the door," Yao Yanyan said.

Cheng Xuan clenched her cheeks and struggled to take out the key from her bag.

The tip of the key hit beside the keyhole, and Cheng Xuan reluctantly turned around.

Yao Yanyan felt her anger rising as she placed the documents on her lap, sat on the suitcase, and looked at her.

"Sister, let's go out and get a room," Cheng Xuan muttered.

"What?" Yao Yanyan's face displayed disbelief, suspecting her own ears.

"I said, let's go out and get a room."

"Are you... are you crazy?" Yao Yanyan instinctively retorted, snatching the key from her hand.

Cheng Xuan was shocked and subconsciously grabbed her wrist from behind.

In this posture, her whole body was hanging onto Yao Yanyan.

The smell of disinfectant alcohol filled Yao Yanyan's body, and the sound of rapid breathing almost exploded in her ears.

Cheng Xuan's cold hand held onto her, preventing her from moving.

Yao Yanyan couldn't bear it any longer.

"Cheng Xuan," Yao Yanyan didn't turn her head, looking at the key in her hand and the delicate five fingers grasping hers.

"Hmm," Cheng Xuan wanted to cry but had no tears, burying her forehead in Yao Yanyan's shoulder.

"Tell me the truth, is there someone hiding in your room?"

"No," Cheng Xuan said in disbelief.

"How... how could I possibly have someone hiding?!"

"Then is it something?" Yao Yanyan asked.

Cheng Xuan's heart was pounding, nodding. "Yes."

"Something... interesting?" Yao Yanyan stuttered.

"What?" Cheng Xuan widened her eyes slightly.

"What else could it be if not that?" Yao Yanyan turned her face and met Cheng Xuan's pitch-black eyes.

As if a star had been lit, the lights in the apartment building were newly repaired, illuminating the place. Yao Yanyan could clearly see Cheng Xuan's snow-white earlobes turning bright red, not knowing if it was from anger or shyness.

"...It's not those messy things," Cheng Xuan's tone was both angry and aggrieved. "Sister, what do you take me for?"

Hearing her words, Yao Yanyan was momentarily stunned.

What did she take Cheng Xuan for?

Five years ago, she walked into her room without any hesitation. But now, Cheng Xuan wouldn't even extend the simplest invitation to her.

Did Cheng Xuan have some kind of aversion towards her?

This realization instantly quieted Yao Yanyan down, and she didn't exert any more force in her grip.

"Look... then let you see. Anyway, you already know most of it," she said with a broken tone. She held Yao Yanyan's left hand, which was hanging down, and aimed it at the keyhole, then gently turned it.

"Click." Yao Yanyan's heart skipped a beat, and she turned her head to look at Cheng Xuan.

Cheng Xuan's eyes were very black, too dark.