Chapter 70

When they arrived at Uncle Zheng's house, it was still dark outside.

Uncle Zheng's wife was still awake. She knew that the two young misses from the Yao family were coming, so she hadn't slept much all night and had been busy tidying up.

When she heard the sound of the iron gate outside the courtyard, Uncle Zheng's wife stood up and went out to greet them.

"Oh, finally you're here, come in, come in." She recognized Yao Yanyan. She had worked as a nanny in the Yao family for a few years, and she had practically raised Yao Yanyan when she was little.

"The young miss is getting more beautiful." Uncle Zheng's wife greeted her with joy, glanced at Cheng Xuan beside her, and smiled at Cheng Xuan too, with an affectionate and tender gaze. "You must be feeling cold after this trip."

Cheng Xuan had expected that Uncle Zheng's wife might not pay much attention to her.

But that wasn't the case.

Clearly, Uncle Zheng and his family were all happy about their arrival.

She remembered what Yao Yanyan had mentioned in the car about the Zheng family.

Uncle Zheng's wife had always had poor health. She had suffered from lumbar muscle strain in her early years, and her constitution made it difficult for her to conceive. So the couple had never had children. In the early years, the elderly in the family often mentioned it, so the couple left their hometown and coincidentally went to work at the Yao family in Jing City.

Perhaps because both of them had no children, they had always been very fond of Yao Yanyan.

"I've heard my man mention you a long time ago," Uncle Zheng's wife said, holding Yao Yanyan's hand and touching Cheng Xuan's cold face. "Little girl, you've grown so handsome. Your earlobes are thick too. You'll have a lot of blessings in the future."

Cheng Xuan felt a bit shy and uncomfortable being touched on the face by Auntie.

She had rarely been looked at with such loving eyes in her life, so she didn't know how to respond at this moment. Her eyes kept glancing at Yao Yanyan beside her.

Yao Yanyan was laughing like a little cat, her amber eyes curved. "Yes, yes, my Cheng Xuan will have super, super good fortune in the future."

"Good, good." Uncle Zheng's wife liked Yao Yanyan's obedient nature.

Uncle Zheng saw his wife standing still and quickly ushered the three of them inside. "Alright, let's talk inside. Standing outside for a while will make you catch a cold."

Uncle Zheng's house was a large bungalow with a courtyard.

It had recently snowed, and the accumulated snow was swept to the side of the door. There was still a doghouse in the yard.

"You have a dog at home?" Yao Yanyan asked.

"No," Uncle Zheng's wife replied, "I'm scared of dogs. I've been bitten before. This is for the stray cats outside. I've fed them a few times, and they always come to my house through the dog's hole. My man was afraid the cats would catch a cold, so he made this himself."

As she spoke, she laughed. "Unexpectedly, there are really cats coming to sleep in it. They seem to really like the bed my man sewed."

Upon hearing this, Cheng Xuan looked at the "doghouse" sewn with small floral fabric, which had a small canopy to protect it from rain and snow. It was evident that someone had put a lot of thought into it.

-- What a heartwarming family.

The warmth made her a bit scared, feeling like she shouldn't be here.

Cheng Xuan lowered her head and saw Yao Yanyan's hand reaching from the front to the back but not grabbing anything.