Chapter 54

The car drove into the Four Seasons Villa area and parked steadily in the winter section.

Its name was Winter, but during the scorching summer season, it seemed like there was no place in the world that wasn't hot.

Ivy climbed up one side of the surrounding wall, creating a serene atmosphere around the Yao family villa. In front was a winding corridor surrounding a pond, and at the back was a huge backyard with abundant trees and flowers. The servants had to put in extra effort to drive away pests and insects to ensure that they didn't bother the homeowners.

Perhaps someone monitoring the area saw a car stopping, and a maid standing under the eaves walked over and opened the car door for Yao Yanyan.

"Thank you," Yao Yanyan replied, looking up at her but not recognizing her.

"It's no trouble," the new housekeeper didn't address her as Miss, clearly unsure whether she should or not.

Yao Yanyan didn't pay much attention and let her gaze pass over the maid's face.

In five years, the Yao family had undergone significant changes.

Since Yao Yanyan went abroad five years ago, Uncle Zheng had chosen to leave as well, voluntarily resigning. Even the live-in housekeeper had been replaced with a new person.

Yao Yanyan didn't hand over her bag and carried it into the house herself.

As soon as she stepped onto the stairs, Yao Wu came running out of the house.

"Sister!" She called out to her, like a little dog greeting its owner.

Yao Yanyan found it amusing and responded with a grunt, "What time did you arrive?"

"A little after three," Yao Wu glanced back into the house, about to continue speaking when a voice interrupted from inside.

"Yanyan, you've arrived."

A familiar voice came through, and a woman slowly walked out from inside the house.

Yao Yanyan didn't even furrow her brows.

She knew that Song Bairuo would be there.

After all, there were many rumors about the Yao family.

After Yao Yanyan went abroad, perhaps because Song Bairuo became their family benefactor, Zhang Anna felt lonely and silently accepted Song Bairuo's frequent visits. Over the years, their relationship was probably quite good.

Yao Yanyan didn't even nod her head, just glanced briefly at her and led Yao Wu past her up the stairs.

Song Bairuo hadn't expected Yao Yanyan to be so disrespectful to her. She struggled to maintain her smile, barely containing her anger.

As Yao Wu passed by her, she couldn't help but sneer.

"Who do you think you are? Stop acting like the mistress, you cheap woman."

She said it quietly, even Yao Yanyan in front didn't hear it. Song Bairuo's gaze immediately filled with venom as she stared at Yao Wu, wishing she could devour her alive.

Yao Wu showed no fear, her eyes shining with a clear provocation. After speaking, she hummed a tune and went into the house.

Song Bairuo clenched her fists and berated Yao Wu in her mind. The returning housekeeper saw her standing still and became worried. "Miss Song, is something wrong?"

"It's nothing." Song Bairuo didn't even give her a proper look, composed herself, and returned to the house.

Zhang Anna was sitting in the main seat, twirling her Buddhist beads.