Chapter 49

Approaching dawn, at Hilton Club.

The club is located in the city center, close to a bustling commercial street. Inside, it is magnificent and cleverly designed. Dressed in glamorous attire, waiters shuttle between the tables, placing freshly poured champagne on crystal tables.

Zhou Birao glanced at the socialite next to her, who elegantly held up her glass, and quickly followed suit.

Wen Xiaoxiao glanced at her action from the corner of her eye, disdainfully curled her lips, and didn't bother to imitate her.

There is a hierarchy among socialites as well. Those with deep family background and wealth, especially look down upon the nouveau riche who made their fortune through winning the lottery. Wen Xiaoxiao sat a bit farther away, holding her glass, keeping her distance from Zhou Birao.

Zhou Birao also noticed the intentional coldness from the other party and clenched her fist, glaring at her several times in secret.

What's so great about her?

She was left alone, excluded from the conversation among the socialites who chatted merrily.

"Why didn't President Xiao Cheng come today?" Wen Xiaoxiao's lips touched the rim of her glass as she scanned the room. "She used to enjoy this kind of occasion, didn't she?"

"Enjoy? I don't think she enjoys it at all. She only comes for business and treats us like cash cows."

"Oh, don't say that. We don't want to upset President Xiao Cheng, right? Right, Bairuo?"

Song Bairuo was suddenly cued and smiled, "She usually prioritizes work. Don't mind her."

"Oh!" The socialites burst into laughter, not knowing whether their flattering words were sincere or not. "Such a loving couple! They've made us all look like sourpusses!"

Song Bairuo sat amidst the laughter, her smile carrying a hint of awkwardness. Her palms were sweaty, and she couldn't help but fidget with her hair, clearly uncomfortable in such a setting.

Wen Xiaoxiao found her presence annoying. "Huh, who do you think you are? Trying to speak up for President Xiao Cheng? Don't you see that she usually ignores you? It's laughable that you think you have any say in her matters."

"You...!" Song Bairuo stood up, glaring at her, but after a while, she clenched her dress and angrily sat back down.

"What's wrong with me? Did I say something wrong?" Wen Xiaoxiao pressed on aggressively, recalling something and sneered, "I can see you haven't learned a thing. Cheng Xuan can't stand people with the surname Yao, yet you imitate her dressing style all the time. Obviously, Cheng Xuan wouldn't enjoy looking at you!"

"And besides, when she wears a white dress, she looks like Chang'e in the sky. And you? Hahaha."

After this remark, many eyes fell on Song Bairuo.

Her family members were all overweight, and despite her later study of Chinese dance and strict self-management of her figure, she had always had a tendency to gain weight. Her arms and legs were not as slender as those of the socialite ladies present.

Song Bairuo's face turned red with anger, and she stared at Wen Xiaoxiao, unable to utter a single word in her embarrassment.

She knew that whenever Wen Xiaoxiao was present, she would be mocked!

She couldn't understand what was going on with the Wen family's daughter. She used to dislike Yao Yanyan, but she never dared to confront her face to face, at most just saying a few sour words behind her back. But whenever they crossed paths, Yao Yanyan never gave her any face!