One

Looks, personality, and popularity.

Everyone knows who I was since I am best friends with Devi Vishwakumar. It feels like I never truly had my own identity. Everything she does begins to reflect me.

Devi has built herself quite the reputation at Sherman Oaks High.

I've stuck with her throughout every moment, but she has done lots of unbelievable things. Those unbelievable things gave her a lot of attention.

I was always in the shadows compared to her. Devi is stunning, and dated the most popular guy in school, Paxton Hall-Yoshida.

Paxton went off to college since he was a senior. Now we are all seniors. Over the summer, I have gotten a lot prettier. And I'm ready to set off the year freshly and positively.

I hoped to get into a good college, and hopefully to get a boyfriend. Of course, I didn't need one. But I felt behind since all of my friends had a significant other.

I just wanted my year at Sherman Oaks to end on a good note.

Devi, Eleanor, Fab, and I walked into the school feeling more excited than ever. We usually dreaded school, but senior year was full of so many new opportunities.

It was our final year in high school, and that was something to be happy about as well.

I could already feel some people's eyes on me. I couldn't blame them. I really do look different than I did in junior year.

So did someone else.

The group of 'Hot Pocket' kids stood there in their group not only laughing, but vandalizing signs hanging on the walls of the school.

Fabiola raised her eyebrow in disgust as she saw fire be lit to a Robotics Club poster. I wondered if she was the one who set that up, since the rest of the team is made up of irresponsible boys.

The Hot Pockets are some of the school's 'bad boys' and troublemakers. One of them stuck out to me specifically. Ethan Morales.

He looks completely different and significantly more attractive. His hair is curly and his smile is undeniably majestic.

Ethan must of noticed me staring, because he smirked slightly and then looked back at his friends. That smirk gave me chills.

Devi's mouth was hanging wide open. "Woah."

Fab looked at us awkwardly, and Eleanor nodded in agreement with Devi. "I'm sure you could get with him if you wanted to, I mean you used to hook up with the Paxton Hall-Yoshida," Eleanor whispered.

Of course my friends noticed him too. I can't blame them, he is definitely one to stick out. Maybe he's the new Paxton.

In an effort to distract Devi from Ethan, I gave her a small smile, "But what about Ben? You guys were totally into each other."

"He's ghosted me all summer. He doesn't like me anymore," Devi sighed.

That made sense. She had a rough history with him after last year. "Great," I thought to myself.

But Ethan wasn't that big of a deal to me. He is just the hot new member of the Hot Pockets. There are more important things to focus on then boys. I need to focus on school to get into a good college. I'm hoping to get into Princeton.

Therefore, boys are the least of my concerns. Especially boys that only got into trouble and detention.

"Well, I think Ethan's pretty hot too," I said.

"Hey! I totally called him!" Devi argued, crossing her arms.

I laughed a little bit as we walked to class. Devi really did want everyone. And she usually got them.

Ethan also happened to be in our Spanish class, and he was seated right next to me. I couldn't help but glance over at him every so often.

I saw that he did the same to me. Or maybe I was just seeing things. He twirled his pencil in his hand as he completely zoned out.

Spanish goes by a lot faster when you have some to occupy you. The only problem was that even if I was to try and talk with Ethan, Devi would probably hate me.

And plus, while he looked hot, he wasn't a very good person. None of the Hot Pockets were. They were always causing trouble and even committing crimes.

After class let out, I followed Devi outside to her new car (which used to be her mom's), and she screeched when she got a good look at it.

Stupid Bitch was written in black across the two doors of the white car. Devi was freaking out, and she huffed. It was very visible, and I could see other students staring at it as they walked by.

I understood her breakdown because she was so excited to finally have her own car, and it was vandalized the day she got it. And those words didn't look like they were coming off anytime soon.

"I know who did this."

"Who?"

"Margot."

"What happened with you and Margot?" I asked, completely clueless.

"Earlier today we got into a fight, and now she kind of hates me. And did you know that's she dating Ben now?!"

I visibly gasped. I figured Devi still had feelings for Ben. But I would have never guessed that Ben was already dating someone new.

"Well, let's go tell the principal!" I said, angry for my friend.

Whoever did this to Devi deserved some kind of punishment. They should at least pay for the damage they caused to her car.