Twenty-Nine

I rushed outside, my friends not far behind me. I was worried about both of the boys, of course mainly Ethan. I never wanted either one of them to get into a fight over me.

Neither of them deserved this. If only I turned down Paxton when he first started trying to be with me.

I pushed the doors to the outside open, scanning the area for Ethan and Paxton. Ben was even closer behind me than Devi, Eleanor, or Fabiola.

"I'm not sure what started it-" Ben started to say.

I stopped listening when I saw Ethan and Paxton in the distance. They were in the parking lot, staring each other down.

I could see blood dripping from Ethan's nose, and a big bruise right across Paxton's face. The prom had already ended, leaving almost no one still at the location aside from the boys and my friend group.

Before I had even made my way towards them, Ethan had thrown an aggressive punch towards Paxton, sending him onto the ground.

"What's going on here?" I interrupted.

Both of the boys looked at me. Ethan looked down in guilt, and Paxton just looked hurt. His suit was ripped.

"Your boyfriend attacked me, that's what!" Paxton shouted, wiping blood off him.

"I saw him talking to you. He was taking advantage of you," Ethan explained.

Yeah, Paxton might of been taking advantage of me, but I honestly didn't think he meant to. Despite all of this drama, I knew Paxton was a really sweet person. I could see it in his hurt eyes.

Ethan shouldn't of resorted to violence.

"You can't just attack people!"

"Paxton threw the first punch."

Paxton sighed, shaking his head. "No I didn't."

"I can't just have one drama-free night," I said, beginning to become angry myself.

My friends entered the scene. Devi didn't even look concerned for Ethan. Her eyes were immediately on Paxton. She rushed over to help, helping him to his feet.

"Paxton, are you okay?"

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Ben roll his eyes and look at the two in annoyance. I wondered if he was thinking of when Paxton and Devi were once together.

Paxton was now standing, and all of us stood in this parking lot, lots of tension between everybody.

"y/n, you know he deserved this. I wasn't trying to severely hurt him," Ethan tried to explain.

A limo pulled up at the front of the location. At first, I thought it was our limo, but we all quickly realized that it was Ben's. He was rich...

"My dad sent a limo. Why don't we all get in and... talk this out?"

There was a visible groan from both Ethan and Paxton. We had no other way home. And if any of our parents saw Paxton and Ethan like this, we would all be in big trouble.

So, all of us got into the limo.

Our seats had to be the most awkward parts.

I was sitting in-between Paxton and Ethan. And it was a long ride back home.