Three

I sat quietly on my bed, staring at Ethan's skateboard that was lying on my floor. It was beaten up and loved. Did he really have a lot more?

My parents weren't home, and I had just finished texting Devi. She said the principal let Margot go, and she was currently dealing with repairing her car.

I really hoped that what I said to Ethan made him change his mind. Devi didn't deserve this when she was already having a tough time.

Ethan wouldn't care about that and that's why I didn't think it would change his mind. He didn't seem like he was influenced easily. No one seemed like they could boss him around. Not even our Spanish teacher for that matter.

But I kept replaying the moment in my head. "What are you going to do, sweetheart?"

He was stuck in my head. He was so pretty, and he was annoyingly attractive. I jumped at the sudden sound coming from outside my bedroom.

My window opened. Ethan climbed through it to my surprise. I thought I had locked it, but I clearly hadn't. How did Ethan know that I lived here?

"What the hell? Ethan?" I gasped as he stood in my room.

"Hey, y/n," he greeted with a smirk.

"Why are you here?"

"I couldn't get enough of you."

This had to be some joke the Hot Pockets instructed him to perform.

I froze as he stepped closer. And I realized that he was definitely just taunting me as his expression changed.

"No, I just want my skateboard back," he said with a laugh, swerving past me and grabbing his skateboard off the floor.

"Hey!" I demanded, trying to reach it as he held it up high. He was kind of tall. At least taller than I was.

"I fixed Devi's car, so relax. You told me I'd get it back if I apologized."

I did relax a bit. I was still annoyed at him, but at least Devi's car was back to normal. That was my main concern.

What if he was lying? I decided to take his word for it. I didn't know why, but I trusted him despite how he acted.

"You can go then," I ordered.

"What if I don't want to?"

"Y-you have to."

I usually didn't stutter. I wasn't sure why I was now. It was honestly embarrassing, but it was uncontrollable.

"C'mon, you know you don't want me to."

"No, Ethan you need to leave. My parents are going to be home soon!"

That was true. If they saw a boy in my room who had climbed through my window, I would get in a lot of trouble. They don't even know Ethan!

"Fine. You're boring, sweetheart."

He held his skateboard and climbed out of the window. I wondered if Devi told him where I lived. I hoped so, because any other way he got here would be kind of weird.

Part of me wish he stayed. Now I was sitting on my bed bored again. I texted Fab, Eleanor, Devi, and I's group chat.

School nights were often boring like this. I had an interesting day to replay in my mind, but now there was nothing.

Ethan had completely taken over my whole day. I wasn't sure if I should have stepped in. Then maybe he would have left me alone.

None of them had responded yet, so I flopped down on my bed in defeat. I quickly fell asleep, but was startled by a sudden dream.