Twenty-Five

Ethan told me to meet him at the park at sunset, but it was dark and he wasn't here yet. I was starting to get worried, but I assumed he probably had a good reason.

Or he was just ditching me. I didn't want to think like that. Ethan didn't really have anywhere else to be either.

I sat on a bench, mindlessly scrolling through my phone waiting for my boyfriend. I thought about the prom dress that I had ready for tomorrow. It truly was beautiful. It was a captivating red color.

Our friend group had arranged to go in a limo together tomorrow, and it was set to take a scenic route to the prom. I was beyond excited, and I felt so great that we were arriving so fancy.

I put my phone down right away when I saw shining candles in the distance by the trees. It was dark, and they lit up the way.

Small rose petals also lined the path that neared the woods. Who had put all of these here? And why did everything look so pretty and romantic?

I spotted the outline of a figure in the darkness , but as I neared closer, the candles lit up the figure and made it clear that it was Ethan standing in front of me.

He held a large sign, and walked closer slowly.

"Will you go to prom with me, sweetheart?"

I could barely contain my excitement. I didn't think this was the type of thing Ethan would do; spending all of this time just to set up a prom proposal.

But there was one obvious answer to his proposal.

"Yes!"

Ethan's sign dropped onto the ground as our lips immediately locked. And this was the moment I truly knew that I had fallen hard for him.

If anything else happened like it did before, I would still love him. After some more "celebrating", we began to talk about our plans for prom.

"I can tell Devi, Fab, and Eleanor that I can't take the limo."

"No, no, no. You have fun with your limo, just meet me at the prom, ok?"

I nodded, before his hands slithered their way onto my waist. "I can't wait to see you in your dress," he whispered.

I could feel the heat on my cheeks. He always managed to take my breath away.

__________________________________

I spent the rest of the night at my house thinking about Ethan, and also preparing for prom. I needed to make sure my dress and all of my accessories and makeup I would be using was ready.

Everyone looks forward to their senior prom all throughout high school. My friend group especially. We've daydreamed of going to prom together in a limo and then having the night of our lives for as long as I can remember.

And there was something more to celebrate since Devi and I got into Princeton, Fab was finding her "spark college", and Eleanor was going to start acting like she has always dreamed.

My daydreaming was interrupted by a text popping up on my phone screen from Ben. It read, "Hey, is Devi going to prom with anyone? I really want to try and ask her or just dance with her or something."

I smiled at sweet Ben's concerns about Devi. They've always acted like enemies, but deep down I know that they have fell for each other over the years.

I replied, "No, go for it, Ben. She definitely likes you back."

I could see it in them every time they bickered back and forth.

I was pretty sure it was the same way Ethan and I were at first.