Forty

THREE MONTHS LATER

Surprisingly, Ethan and I's long distance relationship has been going well. We have time to Facetime pretty often, and we text every single day. Our relationship has turned into so much more. Unlike before, both of us were extremely loyal to each other.

The things Ethan does for me are so cute.

He'll send me stuff in the mail all the time. And the way he gets so protective is so flattering. On the downside, we haven't been able to see each other for three months. We really have been trying to arrange a visit, but unfortunately both of our schedules oppose each other.

Aside from missing my family, friends and Ethan, Princeton was pretty great. My grades were good, and Devi was great company like usual.

I sat on the bed in our dorm, and Devi sat on her's. "How's Ben?" I asked.

Devi was faced with the task of a tough relationship too. But she was lucky. Ben was in New York, and she was in New Jersey. Ben came over here, and she went over there quite often.

"He's amazing, honestly. Years ago, I couldn't even stand him." She smiled and then leaned forward playfully. "How's long distance with Ethan?"

I sighed. I really missed him.

"Your and Ben's long distance is easier. Ethan is still great to me, but we haven't seen each other in so long. I miss him, and I'm worried he will loose feelings after much more of this."

"Aw, I'm sorry, y/n. You should totally ask him to come visit!"

Devi knew that it would be easier for him to come here, rather than me to go back to Sherman Oaks. We were very busy with studies at the moment. That's why I was waiting until holiday break to return to Sherman Oaks.

There was a knock at our dorm. It was late, and we weren't expecting anyone. "I'll get it," I offered, climbing off of my bed.

I walked over to the door, and when I opened it, tears threatened to form in my eyes. "Ethan!"

We reconnected in every way. Our lips touched. Our hands made their way to each other. And our words came out quickly.

"You didn't tell me you were coming!" I gasped.

"I wanted to surprise you. I can't stand being this far away from you, sweetheart."

"Ethan..."

Devi gave Ethan a small wave and walked over to the doorway. "I'll go out and leave you two alone for a bit! I have a date with Ben anyways."

The door closed. I loved him so much. Our once hatred turned into undeniable love.

"I love you more than anything," Ethan whispered.

THE END