Twelve

I was unsure what to expect when I walked into school this morning. I still hadn't seen Ethan, and I still wasn't on speaking terms with Devi. Fab and Eleanor had come to their senses and regularly were talking and hanging out with me again.

Aneesa, another one of our friends, had told me she was completely on my side. She agreed that Devi was being completely out of her mind. (At least more than she usually was.)

It was then when I saw Ethan. He was leaning against his locker, and looking me up and down unsettlingly.

I turned away from him, acting as if he didn't exist. My intention was interrupted when there was a loud bang on the locker beside me.

Ethan was now leaning against this locked, smirking at me. "You're really gonna ignore me?"

I didn't answer, trying to keep up my act.

"You've always been so stubborn. You know you love me, so why not admit it?" he asked.

"Because I don't," I said harshly, closing my locker.

"But you know I was trying to help you, right? While I was talking to her, I just grabbed it out of instinct, trying to protect you," he explained.

Ethan may be telling the truth. Stealing isn't really the best way to protect the one you love. But he was hard to not listen to.

"I'm sorry," he said.

"Fine."

He cocked his head to the side, able to tell that I still seemed mad. "You're still upset."

"It's hard not to be, Ethan. I'm not saying I won't give you a second chance, but I just can't believe you commit crimes like this."

It was hard to be with someone who had no respect for the law or any adults. Ethan vandalizes people's property, mainly cars, and steals.

The bell rang, and both of us realized we had Spanish together next again. We awkwardly walked close together to the class, taking our seats next to each other.

As the teacher talked, Ethan and I payed no attention. We kept taking glances at each other, much to Devi's constant annoyance.

The whole entire class I not only thought about Ethan, but how Devi and I needed to make up. It had been almost weeks since we had even spoken to each other.

The bell rang, and I barley noticed Ethan trying to pull me to the side to talk. I followed after Devi.