Twenty

The next day in school, I sat with Devi and Eleanor. I explained to them everything that happened, and my feelings toward Ethan and Paxton.

"I mean Ethan's being so ridiculous!" Devi exclaimed.

"I would just date Paxton. He's so hot," Eleanor whispered.

"Oh look, there he is."

Devi's words made me turn around to see Ethan walking into the area with his friends. He looked breathtaking like always. I tried to look away quickly but all of his friends were already staring at me.

They whispered something to Ethan, which caused him to look at me and for us to meet eyes. He stared at me longingly and then decided to look away before talking to one of his friends again.

One of his friends, who I didn't know the name of, walked towards Devi, Eleanor, and I and smiled. "Ethan wanted me to let you know that you look hot today," he said with a smirk.

I froze and then looked at my friends while raising an eyebrow. Ethan was staring at me as his friend ran back over to him.

Ethan lifted his hand up and did a small wave at me. I smiled for a second, but then turned my back to him in spite.

After knowing what he did to me behind my back, and after experiencing how he felt in person, I wasn't sure if I wanted to talk to him.

"I've changed my mind. Ethan's hotter. Go talk to him," Eleanor decided.

"El!" Devi hushed.

I was thinking about it. Ethan did look really good today. His hair was somewhat wet, and his shirt looked so good on him.

Any thoughts of going over to see Ethan vanished when Paxton walked over to me. "Hey."

I could already see Ethan's jealous face out of the corner of my eye. His eyes lingered on the back of Paxton's head.

I couldn't just ignore Paxton, but I really wanted to. I really did like him, but I didn't want Ethan to be more jealous than he already was. Ethan would likely do something he would regret later on; like slashing my tires.

I looked at Ethan and then at Paxton. "Sorry Paxton! I've got to get to class!"

I rushed away, grabbing my things and not giving either one of them a second glance.