Six

"You better back up, Ben," Ethan threatened.

Ben didn't look confident at all. He was standing in front of Devi, shaking just a little bit. He swallowed, a stern look growing on his face.

"O-or what?" He stuttered, still trying to act cool in front of Devi. Ben was not as confident as he thought he was.

"Do you really want to know, Ben? Because if you even touch her in the wrong way, you'll have to deal with me."

Ben seemed intimidated, and Devi just shook her head and rolled her eyes back into her head.

"Let's go Ben," she mumbled, grabbing a surprised Ben's hand. I wondered if maybe there was still a thing between them.

Ethan turned to me proudly. "No one gets to get close to you. Except me."

I smiled a bit but then remembered what happened with my friend just because of this boy. We hadn't even know each other for long. Why was he so protective(

"Ethan, I just can't. I might of just lost one of my most important friendships." Devi had been my friend almost my whole life, and I didn't want o loose her just because of a guy. My friends would always be my first priority.

"Sweetheart, please."

"I'll see you at school," I insisted.

"Fine... I'm glad you came."

He gave me a small wave as I walked out of his house miserable. Yeah, getting to make out with one of the hottest guys in school was pretty awesome. But was it worth fighting with Devi?

I sat in my bed crying. It was always so unfair with Devi. She got to have every boy she wanted, but if I just kissed someone she found hot, she would flip out on me.

It was interesting how Devi worked. And if we're really going to talk about "calling" hot guys, I called Paxton hot before she was even interested.

Then she went and dated him, and the rest was history.

It was already so late. I had been lying in my bed ever since I got back from the party, and so much time had passed. I tended to loose track of time pretty easily.

My eyes went to my phone right away when I got a text from Ethan that read, "Hey, I have an idea. You don't have to actually like me, but what if we were all over each other at school tomorrow. You know, so you can get revenge on Devi."

His offer was tempting, especially because he was a very good kisser. I texted back, "But I don't know if I should do that to Devi. She's still my friend."

Ethan texted back, "C'mon, she deserves it. And you'd enjoy it anyways."

I smiled and laughed to myself a little bit. I figured I would do it, because what's the worst that could happen? Devi pulled a lot of pranks on me.

Ethan was offering to help me, and I was going to take him up on his offer. Devi would be regretting everything tomorrow.