Thirteen

"Devi, this has to stop!"

Devi turned around, almost as if she was surprised to see me. She sighed, and looked down at the ground before hugging me.

"I know, y/n. I shouldn't of gotten so mad at you. I'm sorry."

I was really surprised at Devi's response. I expected a hotheaded response or to get yelled at that I was wrong. Here was Devi apologizing maturely.

"Thank you Devi. I've really missed you."

"Yeah, me too. I hate to admit it but it's been pretty boring without you. Plus, there's a lot of other hot guys that I can have."

We both laughed. "Of course."

Eleanor and Fab came running over. "Oh my gosh, you guys have finally made up!" Eleanor squealed.

"Yup," Devi said.

Ethan lingered behind us, and as my other friends began to talk I gravitated back towards him.

"You two are good?" Ethan asked.

"Yeah."

Ethan wrapped his arm around me, but I didn't try and push it away. It was comforting even if I was slightly mad at him.

"Want to go to my house after school?" He offered.

"I mean... uh sure!" I said.

He smiled in success. as we walked to the cafeteria for lunch. I was at Ethan's house for his party, but it had never been just me and him there to hang out.

I was honestly excited. I spotted Devi, Eleanor, and Fabiola sitting at a lunch table, which I walked over to. Ethan sat next to me and looked straight at Devi.

"Is it ok if I sit here?"

She nodded, trying to make it unnoticeable that she was checking him out. I knew she still had feelings for him. But I respected that she was clearly hiding those feelings to keep our friendship in tact.

Ethan was a priority to me, but my friends would always be more important. At least I think so. I was always told to not choose boys over my "girlfriends".

Ethan wasn't eating, he was just occasionally checking his phone and looking over at me. I did the same, except while eating my lunch.

Someone else walked over to the table and took a spot next to Devi. Ben.

"Hey Ben," Devi said with a smile.

"Hi!"

"Yeah, hi..." Ethan grumbled.