Ten

The conversation between the Princeton lady and I was going somewhat well. She seemed to be interested in what I was telling her. I hoped it was enough to get me into my dream college.

I was surprised to see Ethan standing next to the chair I was sitting in. "Ethan?"

I was nervous of what he was going to say. Maybe he was here to help, but he could easily mess up my future by disrespecting the Princeton representative.

"You must be the Princeton lady. I'm Ethan, y/n's boyfriend."

I gasped, wondering if he really meant that or if we were still a fake relationship. But he had to be here to help.

"I just want to emphasize what a sick student she is. She's really the smartest person I've ever met," Ethan told her with a smile.

Ethan rummaged through his bag, looking for something. He pulled out a large piece of laminated paper.

"This is the honor roll list, took it from the principal's office. y/n is at the top of it. Princeton's a really big school, so you should let her into it or whatever."

He smiled at the Princeton lady before kissing me on the cheek and then leaving us alone. He really was being helpful.

I appreciated it so much. The Princeton lady packed her stuff and gave me a smile. "You will definitely be considered, y/n."

Ethan may have just changed my chances at Princeton completely. His small gesture could have been the final thing that would convince the representative.

When she left, I immediately left to go find Ethan. I searched, but I couldn't find him until I realized where he would be waiting for me.

The supply closet.

Sure enough, he was waiting for me in there with a wide smirk plastered on his face.

"You made me look so good," I whispered, kissing him and advancing so that he was against the shelves of the closet.

"You always look so good," he mumbled between our make-out session.

Everything felt so good until something fell out of his pocket. I stopped and picked it up off the ground. It looked like a wallet.

But it wasn't any wallet. It was the wallet of the Princeton lady.