𝟏𝟔 || 𝐉𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐘, 𝐉𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐘 ||

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝟏𝟔 || 𝐉𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐘, 𝐉𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐘 ||

Even if Keisuke doesn't express it out loud, Keisuke's a little bit envious of Mikey.

    Don't get him wrong, he loves his best friend and will literally share his yakisoba with him without a single complaint (which is a privilege not many people have), but that doesn't mean Keisuke isn't a teensy itsy bit jealous of Mikey's incredible talent. For some unknown reason, Keisuke's best friend is unreasonably good at everything.

    For example: Mikey's basically a prodigy in martial arts, he's the fastest kid in his grade, somehow gets A's on ALL of his assignments, beats Keisuke at every game in the arcade, and he's got the strength of a highschooler! And Keisuke, well, he's average compared to the monster everyone knows as Manjiro Sano. That's not to say Keisuke's a weakling by any means; in his very humble opinion, Keisuke's just as much of a monster as Mikey is!

    ...but there were always those small tiny moments where Keisuke is reminded of Mikey's unexplainable talent.

    Like right now.

    From his spot on the grass next to Haru, they watch Mikey outrun Senju around the park with Michi clinging onto his back for dear life. Keisuke fights off the ugly feeling in his chest as he listens to Takemichi's cheers of joy as Mikey evades Senju's outstretched hands. Senju shouts and whines incoherently as she huffs and puffs—exhausted from being the tagger for almost an hour—but she doesn't give up on trying to tag Mikey. The blonde continues to dodge the girl with ease, taking the time to mock and tease Senju to get under her skin.

    The amount of strength and stamina inside that dwarf sized body amazes and frustrates Keisuke to no end.

    Squeezing his eyes shut and groaning loudly in frustration, Keisuke allows his body to fall back onto the green grass with a thud. Keisuke doesn't have to open his eyes to know that Haruchiyo is staring at him.

    "Ughhhh!!! How long does it take to finish up a game of tag?!" Keisuke shouts (he doesn't pout—Keisuke never pouts) into the open air. The warm sensation of the bright sun hitting his face does nothing to burn away that nagging feeling buried deep inside his chest. He hates it. He wants to get rid of it.