𝟐𝟕 || 𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐀! ||

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝟐𝟕 || 𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐀! ||

Takemichi stares down at the Polaroid camera in his hands, excitement bristling beneath his skin.

    It had taken forever for him to finally convince his mother to buy him his own camera. Ever since Takemichi spotted those Polaroid pictures hanging in Keisuke's room, He wanted to get his hands on a camera that can replicate similar pictures. The thought of snapping a moment in time—whether it's a good one or a bad one—really fascinates Takemichi.

    It'll stay with him forever when memories fade away. It'll stay and collect dust as he gains more memories. Then, when he's old and gray, he can look back at the pictures that help define his life.

    The boy then turns his attention to the very first polaroid picture he took: it's of him with Keisuke on his lap—his arms wrapped around Takemichi's neck—blinding smiles gracing both of their lips.

     Affection blossoms within his core the longer he stares at Keisuke—his best friend, his savior, his everything. A boy who's always been with Takemichi since the moment he started his new life in this town. He owes the boy everything; if it weren't for Keisuke, then Takemichi would still be a cautious child, swerving his head from side to side, afraid of what might pop up around the corner. Keisuke has taught him to embrace every new road and not face the unexpected with fear, but with excitement. With interest. With him.

    Before Takemichi taped the picture into the first page of his picture book, he brought the polaroid to his chest and heaved out a heartfelt sigh.

    Keisuke will always be his special someone.

     This will be his little secret.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Wu uh yu doina?" Haruchiyo grumbles out from his place in Takemichi's kitchen, his mouth full of cereal and milk.

    Takemichi adjusts his hold on the Polaroid camera in his hand, trying and failing to be as sneaky as possible from behind the couch. He planned to snap a picture of Haruchiyo without him noticing, but fate obviously has other plans. He shouldn't even be surprised at this point; Haruchiyo has grown to be very perceptive and cautious— it makes sense that he's able to uncover Takemichi.