𝟏𝟖 || 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐒 𝐅𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐋 𝐏.𝟐 ||

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝟏𝟖 || 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐒 𝐅𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐋 𝐏.𝟐 ||

Right as the principal began speaking through the microphone, announcing their gratitude for everyone that came to participate in the festival, Hakkai turns to face Takemichi with indigo irises set aflamed.

    "Do you know how this thing works, Michi?" He asks, leaning in close to Takemichi's ear so no one else can hear them.

    Feeling a little guilty, Takemichi shakes his head no.

    Look, it's not his fault he wasn't paying attention in class when the teacher was talking about the festival! Hakkai kept throwing tiny paper airplanes at him that he made out of those small postcards they snatched from the teacher's desk. The only thing Takemichi was able to catch from the teacher's mouth was the fact that their parents could participate in the events as well!

    Instead of looking frustrated with Takemichi's incompetence, Hakkai giggles quietly which earns a few odd looks from their classmates.

    "You're funny Michi!" He says as he pats the smaller boy on the back.

    That...that wasn't a joke though...

    "But the first part of the festival is just students only, then the second part is students and parents," he explains, emphasizing the key points with his fingers bending into cute bunny ears. "Classes play against other classes in their grade level in events like Tug o war, Obstacle courses, hop scotch, memory games, and many more!"

    Takemichi tilts his head. "So...we won't be playing against Mikey, Kei-Chan, Haru, or Yuzu-Chan?" He asks with a disappointed grimace on his face.

    "That's right! And it's probably a good thing we don't either..." Hakkai's expression fell as he chanced a glance over Takemichi's shoulder. Following Hakkai's gaze, he spots the troublesome trio rounding up a bunch of kids from their class like a pack of dogs herding a group of sheep.

    Those poor souls...

    "...they get really competitive, so it's good that we're not going against them..." Hakkai mumbles with sweat dripping down his forehead. "And Yuzuha..." Takemichi perks up at the mention of the older Shiba.