Chapter 4: One, Two Hearts

Ethan went into his car and slouched back in exhaustion. He looked at himself in the rear mirror, brushing back his hairs that were poking out from his gelled hairstyle. Then, a little spray of men's perfume right on the wrists rubbed together and another on the back of his neck.

Finally, he could have a break from his work. It has been countless weeks since he ever had a little bit of freedom due to his busy career. He rolled down the window as he saw the pretty lady walk by his vehicle.

"Holy- Ivy, babe, you look beautiful!" Ethan reached out his hand to hold her face, with a smile of relief.

She hugged him through the window and pulled back to look at him, "You haven't missed me that badly, have you?"

"Haha!" He laughed and gestured to come in, "C'mon now, we have a whole day together to-"

"I know!" She hurried to the other side of the car and got inside.

Ethan stared at her, a little too mesmerized. Immediately the smell of roses hit his nose as she entered the car, and it felt sensational. She wore a short white dress that sparkled when the sunlight went on her. And her hair was tied up with a matching set of pearl hair clips and jewelry. He leaned against the steering wheel, looking away in shyness.

"You did miss me!"

"Babe, don't do this to me." He flushed and put his hands up onto his face.

Ivy giggled and continued to tease him, "Aw, has it been that long?"

"I swear to god you just get more beautiful every time I see you." He blurted out, turning his head towards her.

"I- Wow, that-"

He kissed her and then started his car, "I've been waiting for this moment my whole life, you're going to love where I'm taking us!"

"I- Okay, Ethan." She smirked and leaned against the seat in redness.

"So," Ethan held her hand as he drove, "-how's school?"

"Too busy, Eth, way too busy." She sighed and gripped his hand back, "I'm just not sure if this medical stuff is meant for me."

He responded, "I believe in you, Ivy, you're so close to your dream."

"I thought the pharmacy internship would at least spark up my passion for science, but it really just gave me a reality check." She looked back at him then back at their hands, "Dreams really don't last forever, Ethan."

"You're right. It becomes an unrealistic fantasy." He thought for a moment then continued, "But, what happens to us when we don't have any dreams left? There's nowhere else to go, Ivy. Are we the weird ones?"

She laughed, "And that's what is special about us, we are the only weirdos in this world."

"It's just me and you against the world!"

Ivy bursted out laughing again, "Pft! If you put it that way, that does not sound any more romantic!"

"I only need you, Ivy." Ethan chuckled then looked back at her, "I don't care what job you have nor the confusion for your passions, you're going to find a way and I'll be there for you."

"Will I find a way, Ethan?" Ivy looked back at him with worry.

"Of course you will, just have a little more faith in you and your future."

"Yeah..." Ivy nodded, looking back into the distance, "And where are we going?"

"We're going to eat at Dynasty DimSum, then I'll take you to a place I wanna show you."