Chapter 13: Saying Goodbye

Leaving was a goal I never thought I would ever complete. France was always my home, a home where I could escape all my fears and live freely without any worries. Seeing mom was probably a huge mistake that would be engraved into my mind forever, but I had to do it. It had been a couple of years since I last saw her at home... Home. What was home? Should I even call that place a home?

The grudge still was there.

"Here's your coffee." Ivy walked over to me, passing me a hot Starbucks drink.

"Thank you."

She glanced out the large windows, admiring the airplanes, "I wish I had talked to you more before I left."

"You're right." I sipped the bitter coffee, "I should've gone to the coffee shop that week, with you. I still hold onto that. And I'm truly sorry for not getting back to you."

"You don't have to apologize." Ivy sipped her drink, "You look busy. Not only with work but with personal things. I get it too, it's hard to keep up with everything."

"I'm... I'm still waiting for that opportunity, you know?"

She glanced at me with a growing smile, "Even though you didn't come that day, I'm glad you still remember. Maybe I'll come back and visit you especially."

"Heh. You better."

"I will."

I chugged the last sip and threw it into the trash can, "Have you spoken to Ethan yet?"

"I... I haven't."

"Goodness. I thought he made it up with you already..."

Ivy's eyes lowered and she sighed, "I think he's just afraid. I didn't want to break it to him that I was going all of a sudden, because that hurts."

"Love hurts." I gritted my teeth, "You're stronger than you think, Ivy, the both of you are. I'm honestly proud of your maturity and how far you've come, especially at your age."

"I'm only 24, Aria!" She laughed and continued, "But thank you for your kind words. I'm going to miss-"

"Ivy?"

Her tears came out, "Ugh, sorry. I'm getting a little emotional."

I patted her head, "C'mon. You're going to make me feel sad now."

"I can't help it!" She cried more, "I don't want to go! I don't want to leave! I hate this!"

"There, there."

Ivy sniffed and smudged her make-up, "Oh god, I probably look so hideous! SNIFF! I'm gonna miss it here."

"Be sure to call us when you arrive. You can cry all you want, heh!"

"Thanks for being here with me, Aria-"

"IVY!!!!"

I turned back and chuckled, "Pft! What the-"

"Ethan!?" Ivy turned around and her eyes flared up in happiness.

White balloons suffocated Ethan's worn out state. In his hands, there was a white and pink tulips bouquet and a single gift bag. He dressed up in a white suit and relieved my eyes after seeing him dress nice for once.

I stood back a little and let Ethan rush in to hug her for the last time. They hugged for a while, very tightly that Ivy was off the floor for a little. He spun her around in the air and twirled Ivy like it was his last dance with her. Her white frilly dress magically danced around him and he smiled so hard like a happy child getting candy.