Chapter 7: Rei & Lei

The day felt a little better as more events came into my life. It was not so bad going back into the music industry. Though there were some very uncomfortable and awkward interactions with other celebrities, I quite enjoyed the company. I hopped into my black Porsche car and exited the parking lot garage. It was time to head to Lucia's little concert and support her. I couldn't wait to hear her voice again, and it sounded tons better when she sang a little to me at that party.

Too bad she left early.

"What the-" I lowered down the window and stared to my left in surprise, "He's out again-"

"Oh hey, Aria!" Ethan noticed me as he rolled down his car window. "Where are you-"

I rolled mine back up and drove faster. "Oh hell no."

He called me and I picked up laughing in fear, "Hah, stop following me..."

"Pft, hahaha!" He laughed for a few seconds then sighed, "Who do you think I am?"

"Hmph." I shifted my steering wheel, "Where are you even going?"

"I'm going to a concert!" He replied enthusiastically.

I gasped a little, "What? But you never have time for that. Usually..."

"My manager will beat my ass later, but that's okay."

I laughed, "Heh, well, I'm also going to a show."

"Ooh, who are you seeing? I'm seeing-"

"Lucia!" We both chanted.

There was a long silence on the call then he spoke, "Oh... We should've rode together."

"Pft, you think I want to be alone in a car with you?"

"Happened once, might happen twice." He chuckled and his car pulled beside me, "Nice dress, Aldine."

"Keep your eyes on the road, Ethan." I laughed.

He chuckled again, "Sorry about that, Miss."

I let out a laugh as the thought of his comment hit me again, "Pft! You're really funny, Ethan."

"Of course. I was titled class clown in eighth grade for a reason, right?"

"I don't think you were the class clown for a good reason." I laughed.

"Hey! Don't talk. I've seen you laugh at a couple of my jokes those times."

My eyes rolled as I sped past him, "Heh! Only a couple."

"Don't be going so fast or else that speeding ticket is going to catch you!" His eyes watched my car zoom by his.

"Whatever, I'm actually hanging up this time."

"Hah! I'll see you at the show, Aria!"

I chuckled and hung up the phone, "So silly."

[...]

My sparkly feet landed in front of a huge building after forty-five minutes of driving. The building towered over me and grew taller with view whenever I looked up at it.

Worth it, I suppose.

There were two men serving tickets and drinks to the people walking in. I stepped up the staircase to the grand doors in excitement to be filled up with disappointment as I met my eyes with the drinks.

Yikes, was that knock off sparkling champagne they were giving out?

"Hi!" The man happily smiled harder, "Oh, you're Aria Aldine!"