Chapter 9: Him, Part 2

"I keep missing this note!" Ethan frustratedly said, "Oh my goodness, I'm doomed."

I looked over at him and took off my headphones, "What's the matter?"

"I honestly don't know. It's just this one part I keep losing myself at." He flipped to the page and sighed, "For some reason, I cannot play this part right. My picasso is so terrible."

I reached for the paper and scanned it, "Hm... Let me see how you do it."

"Alright." He exhaled out and placed the violin back onto his shoulder. His hand straightened itself onto the bow and he started to play that certain part. It sounded fine to me, although, yeah, there were some parts that were not smooth due to his finger techniques. "Ugh, I can't continue."

"You're playing everything correctly so don't worry about that." I stared at his finger placements, "Why are your fingers so squished onto the strings like that?"

"What do you mean? I usually play like this."

"I mean, you play fine, but there is definitely a flaw. You're making it harder for yourself."

"Oh, m'kay! Show me what's wrong." He showed a better view of his hand on the violin.

I grabbed his hand and moved it to the correct position. I forced his fingers off the fingerboard a little because his hands were stiff. "Okay, now try it."

And immediately it sounded better. "Holy crap! My fingers don't hurt anymore if I do this method!"

"What the- You did that your whole life?" My eyes widened in shock.

"Yeah. Kenzo taught me."

My eyes rolled, "He's the worst possible violin player ever! Why would you ever listen to him!?"

"Um, then why is your brother best friends with a dude like him?"

"I-... I actually don't know why." I sat down in disbelief.

Ethan chuckled, "Kenzo is really trying to sabotage me, huh?"

"Pretty much."

"I never liked that guy so..." He collapsed himself into the chair, "He's weird."

I looked at him with a bit of confusion, "Why's that? I just thought he was a terrible musician."

"... He acts like a completely different person towards Elias than other people, you know?"

"He's two-faced?"

"Yeah."

"Weird."

"But, you shouldn't be friends with him. At all!"

"I would never!-"

WOOSH!

The door suddenly opened abruptly and out came the man himself. Kenzo Kody. The high school senior who was known for being a charismatic violin player and having incredible stage presence. My brother's bestest friend. When my eyes met with his red eyes, he immediately squinted in disgust. His expression reminded me of my mother. They both had the same stabbing glare. He towered over us as he walked in, brushing his brown hair back. I looked back at Ethan to see his worried expression.

"Hm. It's awfully stinky in this class, I wonder why." He pinned his eyes onto me.

I sighed, "You're really funny, Kenzo, now what do you want?"