Chapter 21: A Big Problem

Romeo got out of his car, and took a large sigh at the building.

He was going to meet up with this so-called law person, Louisse. The idea of being accused without any proof was not the greatest feeling in the world.

The man dressed in all black walked into the exquisite building, not really expecting much. Romeo took one glance at the receptionist and spoke out of confidence, "Hello, my name is Romeo. May I see Miss Louisse?"

"Sorry, she's busy-" The woman got charmed by his good looks as she glanced up at him and looked back down in embarrassment, "Full name, sir?"

He chuckled, "It's Romeo Silva."

"The famous performer?!"

"Yes, heh." Romeo placed his hands on the counter, "So, is she free?"

"Yes, she'll be ready in ten minutes. She'll be on the twentieth floor." The receptionist mentioned, "By the way, the elevator isn't working."

He gave an annoyed grin, "Oh, great, well, that's fine. Thank you."

"Wait!"

Romeo turned back in confusion.

"Can I get your number? You're really handsome-"

The man gave out another chuckle, "I'm taken... Taken by the most beautiful girl on the planet. I'm lucky to be with her, and you'll find someone like that someday. See you later."

She sat back down, smiling at his words.

Romeo made it up the twentieth floor without breaking a sweat, weirdly. The only thing he did was take off his blazer to let the cool air on him. He walked past others who were severely struggling, so he was different. Working out regularly must've helped him a lot.

He wore his jacket again and knocked on the biggest door of the hallway. "This should be her room-"

"Come in!" The girl shouted.

Romeo opened the door and met her brown eyes. He gave a look of confusion as she gave a look of disgust towards him, "Wow, fancy seeing you here."

"You are Louisse?" He walked in. "Your office is very modern. I like it."

"Yes, I am, and thank you."

Louisse was a prosecutor working under a very famous company. She wore expensive Louboutin heels with the signature red bottoms. And she also had an expensive black blazer that shaped her short shoulders paired with a white collared shirt. Romeo knew he signed up for trouble coming here.

"I have many questions to ask you, madam." He sat down at the chairs, "First of all, why is my name in your mouth? I've heard from Kenzo."

"You're a suspect, that's all."

"Why am I one?"

She sat down back at her desk, putting her papers away. She sighed with the files in her hands, "You were friends with Elias and Kenzo. And they were inseparable until that happened. I'm sure you were very involved in this case, but you're not going to say anything. You're lucky that this was ten years ago, or else your ass would've been in jail by now."

The woman was rude to him, but Romeo had his patience.

"Are you just suspecting anyone who was close to him? I was just a friend, for lord's sake."

"Tell that to Kenzo because that's not what he said. Apparently there was tension between the two of you."

"You're believing him?-"

Louisse scoffed, "I rather believe a person who was extremely close to Elias than a person like you, who probably doesn't know what his favorite food was."