Chapter 25: Chaos and Chaos!

Everyone in the room started to take their masks off quickly. I shifted my mask up a little and remained slow, observing Kenzo's face. He was patiently waiting for every single person in the banquet hall to remove it, with that stupid grin of his.

"Do we have to remove our masks?" Claude held his mask on his face before taking it off.

I turned to him, "I'm not sure, but I'm keeping it on."

"Me too."

Looked like I wasn't the only one who wanted to keep it on. It made me feel a little less self-conscious.

Kenzo tapped his finger against the pillar and finally spoke after a couple of minutes, "Excellent." The lights shut off and the walls gleamed with white bright lights. They were projecting an upcoming video, I assumed it was his special announcement. "I brought you all here to see the truth of the latest hot news. Influencers, business makers, and celebrities. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about but if not, I am discussing Elias's death."

Whispers grew as Kenzo took a moment to let his words register into the people's heads. He took a glance at the lit up walls, "I'll show you the real story behind his death. That includes Romeo Silva, the latest 'king of piano', is what everyone calls him. I wonder if he was ever involved, but I couldn't believe it once I found out because he is one of my trustworthy friends..."

Everyone looked at each other, possibly trying to catch a glimpse of him. I didn't know where he was but I sure hoped he kept his mask on.

"Romeo?" The man beside me remained confused.

I shrugged, "I have no idea what he's talking about. I swear to god if he-"

Kenzo stated after shifting himself closer to the railing, "He never committed suicide-"

Claude gulped.

"-He was murdered by him."

Everyone gasped! But I stayed calm under my mask, quickly looking for Romeo through the crowds of people. Dammit, where did he go?

"Quiet down everyone, I know it seems shocking. You're probably wondering if there's any evidence or how do I know? Romeo wouldn't do such a thing!" Kenzo mocked then continued, "The proof is right here."

Louisse stepped out of nowhere, from the shadow of Kenzo. She walked up next to him and presented, "I work with the law. Anyways-"

What was going on? Did Kenzo really bring every famous person to see this? He wasn't kidding when he wanted destruction. I still held strong.

Her words got cut off as I was distracted, "... Romeo has never been a friendly teenager back in the day. We can prove this with these text and audio messages."

The screen finally projected a slideshow. It revealed messages exchanged between Elias and Romeo:

"I'm sorry for saying that. I didn't mean it." - E

"Go sob to Kenzo since apparently you don't think I exist anymore." - R

"I didn't mean it." - E

This seemed fake, but I continued to listen.

"When I mentioned that I would care if you killed yourself, I changed my answer. It's a no now." - R

"What? Wdym?" - E

"I wouldn't care if you killed yourself. You should do it. End yours and my suffering. It would be better if you were gone."

"You wouldn't care?"

"I wouldn't. Can you just fucking kill yourself already? Not even your mom or sister would care. Everyone only sees you as a tool. I bet Kenzo uses you."