Chapter 12: Two, Three Hearts

[BACK TO PRESENT]

'You're spacing out again." Romeo said, after taking a sip of coffee.

"Oh, sorry. Where were we?" I blinked harder to get a clearer vision of the garden scenery.

"Have you been getting sleep?"

"... I haven't."

"I told you to sleep earlier." He ruffled my hair, "Why aren't you listening to me?"

"It's really hard to lay down in bed and just sleep." I sighed as I chugged another cup of dark coffee, "Weren't we discussing shoe brands?"

"Aria." He faced me, "Since we're dating and all, I want you to take care of yourself because it hurts me when I see you down like this."

"Sorry, Romeo..." I gave him a peck on his cheek and smirked, "I am trying my best here!"

"You're sly for that." He grabbed my head and ruffled it again.

"My hair!"

He laughed.

"You're weird, Romeo."

"Aren't you weirder for dating me?"

My eyes rolled, "I never knew you were such a sweet romantic. Huge rose bouquets on the smallest dates, compliments every second, and sometimes you do things for me without me even knowing!"

"Like you said Aria, we were made for each other. I never knew you had such chemistry with me, and we should've met earlier. It's a shame, really." Romeo finished his cup of coffee.

"Oh, trust me, you would never date high school me. I was very obnoxious back then!"

"Pft!" He grabbed my phone and looked at my photo gallery, "Well, let's see about that."

"Hey!-"

My phone rang at the perfect time.

"... Who's Ethan Jones?" Romeo showed the screen to me.

"Oh, don't you remember? That's my friend. You even met him at the party..." I gave him the eye.

"Oh, right." He picked up the phone for me, "Hi Ethan Jones. This is her boyfriend. What do you need from Aria?"

"Really, Romeo?'

"Haha! Okay here, fine." He gave me the phone back.

I greeted, "Hey, Ethan. What's up?"

"Ahem... I never knew you had a boyfriend until now, Aria Aldine."

Ethan sounded a bit upset. I replied back with honesty, "Sorry about that. I couldn't talk to you since I was busy. I'll talk about it later-"

"Busy with him?"

"No, ugh, just what do you want?"

He responded with an exhale, "I want you to come over tomorrow."

"Why?"

Ethan paused, then continued, "Girl problems."

"Okay, I'll come. What time?"

"Come anytime. It's urgent. Please come."

"I will, I will. Anything else?"

He cheered, "No. Thanks Aria! I'll see you tomorrow!"

I hung up.

"Where are you going tomorrow?" Romeo leaned on his hand, giving a look full of curiosity towards me.