Chapter 14: The Beautiful Rain

"OOOOOOAH! Ugh..." Kenzo leaped out of his office with an obnoxious yawn.

"Can you be any louder?" Cedric glared as he watched him leave his room.

"Oh! Sorry, old man! I'm just super tired, and I haven't had any coffee today. It's not my fault the coffee machine broke either!"

He staggered his cane with slight anger and faced him, "Argh, you're supposed to call me Cedric. I do not appreciate your disrespect recently, we are not very close for you to call me an old man."

"Oh, stop yapping all the time. We'll be close sooner than later! It's only my first month in this place."

Cedric sighed out of frustration and walked down the hallways, "... I've been informed that you have a visitor, so please act professional. I do not want any articles released about your embarrassing behavior in this company."

"... Who?"

"Her name is Aria, and she will arrive in about ten minutes. She also has a large fanbase in the classical music industry. I simply do not want to mess with her strict PR team, alright Kenzo? I'm very keen about keeping a good reputation so do not-"

"Aria? Who the fuck is that-"

He stomped his cane onto the floor loudly, "I do not tolerate unprofessional language in this workplace! Listen to me, for God's sake!"

"... Sorry, sorry. I'll meet her now, sir."

"Thank you." Cedric made his way out and mumbled in anger. "Was that not all hard? Christ... 28 years old but acts like a complete child!"

[...]

"Hohoho~ Who's this beauty?" Kenzo threw his keys up in the air as he met eyes with me. He came closer and leaned down to my face, "Aria, is it?"

I frowned in disgust, "Do you not remember me, Kenzo?"

"I don't remember any of my past exes... Hm. Are you the girl who threw a fit when I didn't pay the bill-"

"I'm Elias' younger sister."

"... Oh."

"..."

"Oh!" He backed away immediately and scoffed, "God, what! You're still alive?!"

I sighed with disappointment, "Can we talk somewhere... more private?"

"Yeah, follow me."

With another look at Kenzo as I was walking behind him, he appeared more presentable than before. His hair was slicked back with the right amount of gel and there was no sight of acne. He wore a matching dark pink suit with a pair of casual white vans. He also hinted at a strong scent of cigarettes which disgusted me even more.

"So, why are you here? I mean, sorry, you look incredibly different. I couldn't recognize you at first." He shut the door behind himself and sat down at his seat.

"Yeah. I have some things to ask you, that's why I'm here."

"Okay?"

I pulled out the key and showed it to him, "Do you have any clue what this unlocks?"

"-The heck is that? Let me see it-"

I slapped his hands away, "No, thanks, Kenzo. I need to know."

"That was harsh of you. I get it that we had tension back then but we are grown adults now. That was ten years ago. I've moved on, Aria, and you should accept it sooner or later. I'm sure you know that."