Chapter 22: Surprise, it's me!

"Mr Aldine, it's time to go." Jimmy prepared his coat for him. The coat was lined with black linen fabric and was covered with special golden accents. The perfect jacket for the man, Elias Aldine.

His fingers dragged across his CDs, "Oh, already? I'm really going to miss Japan."

"Are you sure you're doing this?" He helped the fancy suit on him, "You're going to shock the world."

"I know what I'm doing." Elias wore his watch and turned around to him. He gave a confident smirk, "I am a true prodigy for a reason."

"I'm still worried about you– Everyone's going to call you a liar. Aren't you afraid of that?" Jimmy buttoned him up. "The 18 year old world star came back to life... That'll be hilarious!"

"I'm sure my sister would understand my ways. I'll see her soon after ten years, since finally, I can escape."

He backed away and checked over Elias' outfit, "You grew up too fast."

"Thanks to you, Jimmy."

Ivy walked into the office and bowed, "Elias, before you go– I want to talk to you."

"What's the problem?" He chucked a mini Snickers in his mouth.

She cracked a smile at that, "You and your snickers! That's bad for your health, you know?"

"Oh, please, you keep nagging me about that!" He laughed and threw away the wrapper, "So, spill it."

"Can I come with you?"

"Reason?"

She exhaled out, "I know, I love my job here but... This isn't for me. I can't work here anymore."

"Still waiting for the reason."

"I miss Ethan so much."

"Oh, that's valid."

Ivy stood beside him, looking out the window, "I can't do anything without being reminded of him. He's always been there for me. I made the wrong decision to leave him."

Elias gave a sweet chuckle towards her as he fixed his watch, "No, no. You don't have to explain, I understand it. Ethan is a good man... I'm just sour about that bet I made before."

"A bet?"

"Oh no, it's nothing." He turned to her, "You can come with me."

"Thank you so much!"

Elias sat down at his desk and slid some papers to her, "You just have to remember my identity. I am not a boss or an Elias to you anymore once we head to France. You must call me Claude French. This man will be a fake journalist that loves writing about baguettes."

"Claude French... who made up that name? That sounds so stupid and stereotypical-"

"I did."

"Oh, it sounds beautiful! I'll call you Claude from now on sir, don't worry!"

He fixed his tie, "Hmph! Get ready now. Be at the front by the next hour or else you're missing that opportunity."

"Thank you, boss!"

[...]

I finally arrived at the airport with my Dad next to me, as Mom was behind us. She hugged us as the gate was calling our numbers.

This hug felt even more impactful and sent an array of emotions down me, "Thank you Mom, for realizing."

"I'll miss you two so much."