Chapter 26: Giving Up

My eyes slowly opened to light attacking my sight. My legs and hands felt paralyzed as I couldn't escape from the tight grip on them. What the fuck was going on? The only thing I remembered was Kenzo's devious smirk.

"You're finally awake." I saw his legs crossed in front of me as my eyes completely regained vision.

I groaned out of exhaustion, "Ugh... What the hell is going on?"

"You got knocked out, just so you wouldn't resist or try running away again." He walked around me with a chuckle, "I suggest you sit there and act pretty for now. Standing up will be a-"

"You fucking tied me up!?" I noticed that my hands were tied to the chair, same with my ankles. "Are you crazy!?"

Kenzo paused his steps, then glared at me. "Well. If you hadn't tried escaping earlier, we wouldn't be talking like this. You were unlucky that I came by."

"... What do you want to say now?"

He sat back down with his arms crossed, "I just wanted to ask how you feel."

"Are you trying to feed more pride into yourself by asking how I feel?"

His smirk grew a bit. He tapped his fingers against the table next to him as he lowered his chin. Kenzo continued after a long pause of staring, "I'm bored, because I already know that I won. I'm just wondering if you have any agony left in yourself, despite everything that has happened, if you still have the fight still in you. You're an interesting girl, Aria. Is this where you finally give up?"

"You haven't touched me once, with your pathetic plans and words." I clenched the chair, "You're not all that. I know something you don't."

"And what is that?" He put his finger on his lips.

"Elias is alive."

"Huh?"

I repeated again, "Elias is alive. He's going to end all your delusions with having it your way. You may have always succeeded, but not this time."

"Pft."

"What?"

"Pft- Bahahaha!! Hahaha!"

His laugh bugged me. He continued to burst out into laughter, slamming his hands onto the table.

"... What."

Kenzo landed himself back onto the chair after a good long laugh, "Oh! Sorry, I just found that- heh! So funny!"

"You really don't believe me, do you?"

He cleared his voice, "Oh? You were being serious?"

I scoffed, "Yeah. Keep laughing all you want but you should probably realize."

"You know," Kenzo got up and glued his eyes onto me, "I was lying about the whole thing of you having a mental illness at the party. But I think it might be true after all! You and your fucking drugs caused you to see things, seeing your own dead brother too! How ridiculous could that be?"

"I'm not crazy like you."

"Let me ask you this then," he brushed his fingers against his chair, "How is it possible? Weren't we both attending the same funeral?"

Damn, he got me there. I didn't know for myself, but I knew Elias was obviously alive. Despite the scar on his face, he looked exactly like himself ten years ago. His questions were the ones I had to ask my brother for myself.

"Not talking so much now, huh?" He noticed my long pause.

I changed the topic, "When will you get me out of here?"