--01--

I woke up at 7:11 am on the dot

I woke up at 7:11 am on the dot. My alarm made me jump out of my skin, thinking it was something else. The air mattress underneath me had lost all of its air throughout the night which caused me very disrupted sleep.

Kaitlyn and I would have to figure something else out while I stayed at hers. I expected to be there for a while.

Kaitlyn has been my best friend since we were 3 years old and just starting school. She knew small amounts of all the shit I went through and offered for me to live with her while I escaped my dad.

She was the most perfect person I had ever met.

She had her own house, her mum had passed from cancer and she was too old to be put in foster care so she got the house.

I didn't know what I would do without her. I really didn't.

She helped me get into Roseville Highschool, her school, and she had helped me through everything. I was eternally in her favour.

I watched as she got ready for the school day, as she took her time to curl her blonde hair, her hazel eyes squinting from how early it was.

"Assi, get your lazy butt out of the non-existent bed and get ready for school or we'll be late." she waved the curling iron at me bossily.

If it was any other person, I would've jumped out of my skin, or flinched away from the curling iron. But I trusted Kaitlyn.

You also trusted dad.

I murmured a quick, "yes boss", pecking her cheek and going into her closet. I didn't have anything from when I ran away so I had to raid her many clothes.

The clothes were a bit big for me, but we were going shopping later on in the week so it didn't matter.

I picked out a pair of light blue ripped jeans and a green tank top, with a shirt to cover my shoulders. I put a couple of necklaces on and did my mascara, poking myself in the eye accidentally as I did so.

Kaitlyn began to laugh, when I walked past her to grab my bag and breakfast, I gave her a nice smack on the back of her head.

--

We arrived at school with ten minutes to spare, so she could show me where my classes were and I could get a feel of the school. Apparently, it was usually very busy in the mornings so that was another reason to get to Roseville High early.

Kaitlyn linked her arm with mine and stayed beside me for reassurance. She knew how hard it was for me due to what had happened.

I wasn't ready to open up to anyone else, but she had always been there for me and the moment I told her what had been happening and the moment I showed her the bruises, she took me in her arms and hugged me close. She told me she would help me, always.