--18--

I woke up, checking the time

I woke up, checking the time. 10 am, February 20th. I looked over at Carter, a smile stretched across my face while I did so.

His hair was all messy, his arms holding onto the pillows while he lay on his stomach, our hands intertwined. I moved my hand, stroking his cheek so he could begin to wake up. Today was his first Hockey game of the season, so Jordan and I were going to support them.

He opened his left eye, his nose wrinkling at the sudden burst of light. He opened his right eye, sitting up and rubbing them. "Morning, dollface." he grumbled hoarsely, in that low toned, sleepy voice.

"Good morning, sunshine." I mocked, kissing his cheek and getting up off the bed.

He shot me a glare, standing up as well, opening the grey curtains, grabbing some clothes. Before he left the room, he turned around and said, "My spare jersey is in my bottom draw. Wear it."

I almost said no, and got dressed into something else, but I knew how much it meant to him if I wore it. Jordan told me that last year, when they played Hockey, Jordan would hold it and Maggie would always beg over it.

I go to his bottom drawer, blocking my eyes from seeing anything else as I got his jersey out of the drawer. I looked at it, and knew I could make it work.

It was dark blue, with a gold and a white stripe on the top part, the stripes also on the arms and on the hem. The bit above the top stripe was dark blue, along with the arms. The back said : "Alvarez" with the number 12 on the back. He told me he chose it because I was his luck, and that was the day I was born on.

I paired it with some black leggings and some navy converse, which I had drawn stars on one time when I was bored. I did my hair in a half-up, half-down, but the strands of hair was twisted. I put on a bit of lipgloss, some mascara and some concealer, to cover my freckles.

I smiled to myself in the mirror, checking my Insta as I sat down on Carter's bed once again. A record company had followed me, and liked some of my posts that I had made of song ideas. I never wrote the songs, I just mentioned the ideas. Under one of them, they had written "would love to hear this come to life." causing my fans to go over the moon.

I ran down the stairs squealing like a piglet, the thrill of a legitimate record company following me and contacting me. I ran into the living room, and hugged Carter. He awkardly patted my back, a confused look taking over once I pulled away.

I shoved my phone in his face with a smile, and he gave me a smile back. "Wow, mea vita, that's amazing!"

"Mea vita?"

"It means my life, in Latin."

I blushed a deep red, feeling the heat coming to my face as I pulled him in for a kiss. Before we could, Aiden decided to shout, "We get it! You're together, we're single. Stop flaunting it in our faces."