--12--

hi! so in case you haven't noticed, something funky is happening with the banner thing I put above the text, so it won't be there until it's back to normal, if it ever is.

thanks for reading :)

--

(Astrid's dream)

I was back in my old home, I was chilling in my room and doing my homework. There were loads of bruises all over me, the punishment for running away.

He had found me, he had kidnapped me and taken me back to my old house, and my fucked up room.

No one knew where I was, they couldn't save me. No Carter, no Aiden, no Jordan, no one else. Just me and my abusive dad.

The door slammed open, ridding me of my thoughts, filling me with fear. I wasn't ready for what was about to happen.

He stormed up the stairs, I heard a glass bottle break while he did so. It was probably his fifth beer of the day, knowing him.

"hey girlyyy" he slurred, stumbling into my room.

My room was once beautiful, but now it looked like a room in an asylum. Or an orphanage. Or a foster care that didn't care about the kids in it. Maybe I should have told the police. They might have done something.

I ignored him as he walked closer to me, closer and closer. I felt his hand on my shoulder, pulling me up.

"You don't ever ignore me." he sneered, grabbing my chin and yanking it to all sides, until my neck made a clicking noise.

He grabbed me by the arm, dragging me into a room that was once an ensuite. It was empty and mouldy, the rancid smell filling my nose as he shoved me in there.

He grabbed my hand, with his slimy fingers, slamming it into the door and opening it again at least three times. He smirked at me, shoving me into the corner, and leaving. He made sure he locked the door.

"Don't worry, Princess, I'll be back soon." he whispered to the door, walking off and leaving me in darkness.

Tears spilled from my eyes, as I whispered, "help me. please. Someone. Carter? someone please."

"I'm here baby, I'm here." a voice murmured into the darkness. A comforting voice, one that I recognised.

"Assi, darling, it's a dream. Just a dream, open those beautiful eyes of yours. Come on, baby. You're okay. He doesn't have you, I'm here."

I opened my eyes, to blinding brightness and the outline of a guy. I looked at him, taking in the dark hair and bright green eyes. He was looking at me, filled with worry, but the moment he saw I had opened my eyes, he inched closer, wrapping his warm arms around me for a hug.

I leant into his embrace, tears streaming down my face while he smoothed the hair on my head.

"While I'm here, he won't be getting you, baby. I'll protect you, even if it means I die from it. I'll always protect you, beautiful." he pressed his lips to my forehead, bringing me closer to his chest as he held me.

Tears kept slipping down my face, as I whimpered. Why couldn't my dad just die? Why couldn't he just let me live without the hurt and pain?

"Baby, it's ok. It's ok. Let it all out, it's ok. I'm with you. I'm here." he comfortingly murmured as I clutched his shirt in my hands, burying my face into it.

He held me, comforting me for ages. I didn't know what time it was, I didn't know where the others were, all I knew was that this boy that I once hated was now my safety. My safe haven. My comfort in dark times. My sunshine.